Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

Never been statically strong but getting there :muscle:

120kg deadlift with ease

PB: 150kg

9 Likes

Squat day

10 Likes

Same here and actually made some progressss :fire:

16 Likes

Looking good @Dan531 & @Faugxh! Makin progress makin progress :bullettrain_side: :weight_lifting_woman: :weight_lifting_man:

Nicely done @DarrenUK - looking great brother!

@Mbwoman sauna workout! Interesting! Looks like it was good :muscle:

@RetainKingII Sunday Squats, Sober Squats - satisfaction brother, satisfaction. Being your best self :+1:

5 Likes

Great day at the gym!

15 Likes

First time using the bench while being guided by my friend. Using smol weights cuz I had to get my form right for this.

Also tried using the barbell but it was so hard to keep it stable since I’ve never used it before, but I guess I’ll work on that. Aaaand it was also my first non-solo gym session :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Get your form right in the beginning, way to go!

4 Likes

That’ll all come with time. Focus on proper form and keep on building from there! Good for you for not going beyond what you were ready for. A lot of people, even experienced lifters, will allow their pride to get in the way and they wind up getting hurt.

Keep it up!

5 Likes

Dan are you squatting or doing a military press? It’s okay if you dont want to show off on here

2 Likes

I wish i could military press 315 :pensive:.

3 Likes

Dude if you could military press 315 I think I’d recommend you start prepping for strongman competition!

4 Likes

Even If i could hit 315 I’d just want 405… it’s never enough😆!

3 Likes

13 Likes

I am loving HOTWORX!!! It has become a passion.

1 Like

9 Likes

Overhead press day always humbling :unamused:

9 Likes

I’m going to stay on this one. The new thread is kinda triggering for me with all the numbers and goal of recomp. I was heavy into counting calories and developing, calculating and sticking to and tweaking macro goals when I first began weightlifting and it isn’t good for me mentally. Obsessive potential.
Just wanna do my thing and see others chip away at theirs. I love the low key vibe here. :fire:

Gonna really low key sneak up on some deadlifts now. :wink:

PS if you want a more inclusive name how about: THE WORKS: gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness🔥
Emoji optional. All optional.

8 Likes

Oooooohh I like that!! A lot!

3 Likes

I really only try to get 200 grams of protein and eat around 3k calories. The rest of that shit is what it is for me. My wife will restart a workout if her hrm isn’t working lol… silliest thing but her ocd takes over i guess.

1 Like

Well anybody who sees your selfies can’t really argue against… :smirk:
Decent amount of protein 25-30g each meal and snack. Simple carbs around exercise sessions. Done. Every obsession with food is still an obsession with food for me and I try to get rid of those. :v:

So shall we proceed changing our title then, snazz up the place a bit? anyone against?

Actually made some progress on my deadlifts today! It feels like it’s been forever since I could. Can’t help but think coming out of my old shy shell a bit and sharing with likeminded ppl here has helped. I’m grateful I can be here with youse all. :pray::boar:

6 Likes