Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness šŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

PSA for those who donā€™t know

If you see someone out running, do naaahhhht interrupt their run to ask for directions or similar. Has happened to me twice in the past week!

That is all.

4 Likes

Ahhh that used to drive me crazy when I would run. I never ran outside but I would on the treadmill at the gym. Iā€™d be listening to music and would have just gotten into the ā€œrunners zoneā€ and someone would come up to chat or signal me to take my headphones out or something. Drives me crazy :crazy_face:

1 Like

Way to go!!!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s another no-no. Unless totally necessary, asking someone to take their headphones out is a bold move.

1 Like

Right?! Unless thereā€™s some sort of an emergency plz leave me alone when I workout lol

1 Like

Hope it ends up being a big source of enjoyment, challenge and strength for you! Mentally, physically!

1 Like

Hello my fellow lifters, runners and gym nuts! :v:Been getting back into the swing of things after my extensive low period over the summer and various small but annoying injuriesā€¦ Feels good to be back. Iā€™m grateful.
Welcome back @5th_dimension AndrĆ©! And a very warm welcome to @anon57836609! It doesnā€™t matter how small you start. My fav weight lifting motto is: there is no top of the mountain. Developing a training practice and ways to work with and in your body is a wonderful assett to maintain mental stability and build self reliant happiness. Something you can always come back to, on however small a scale, when times get rough and other things feel like theyā€™re falling apart. Iā€™m happy youā€™re tapping into this great resource, Jan! :heart: Keep us posted on your journey!
Hugs to all! Letā€™s go get it! :star:

5 Likes

Lose weight? You look in shape to me?

Ohhh gotcha. Yes, I really started to eat at night and more sugar during the lockdowns. Luckily I stay active in gym, but I did put on about 10 lbs. Now that back work Iā€™m eating less and better. You can do it, binge eating is no joke. When I was popping opiates my diet was crap, I would eat whatever and whenever, with a major sweet tooth. Cant wait to see your gains!

1 Like

Despite 4 yrs of physical limitations/injury, I think Iā€™m doing alright for myself. I always push to be better, and tend to be very hard on myself when Iā€™m not going 100% - but I aim to be more compassionate and forgiving towards myself and my body. Sometimes ā€œgoodā€ is good enough.

PS - you ever get nervous that someone is gonna catch you taking a mirror selfie :eyes:

16 Likes

Looking awesome man!! I like the hat too :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks ā€“ and I love my Leafs hat!!

1 Like

Very nice to see your selfie here, T, and expecially to read the kind words towards yourself. :heart_eyes:
(Also, to state the obvious: looking good!)

4 Likes

Not feeling 100% today but trying to crush Chest/Tri day on sobriety day 194.

7 Likes

All Black Fridays :black_heart:

10 Likes

9 Likes

This old man broke back into the gym today. Been nursing a hurt shoulder, quad, and hurt feelings. I donā€™t know that Iā€™ll ever lift really heavy again but Iā€™m lifting anyway. It feels good to be back

14 Likes

Looking good buddy. Glad to see ya among the weights

2 Likes

Welcome back Dan. Iā€™ve been thinking of you. Hope the weights can provide a little comfort, stability and feeling of home amidst the pain and difficulties.
Odaat and :heartbeat:.

1 Like

Everyone in my gym with their high-end fitness style and gear

Then thereā€™s me :sunglasses:

16 Likes