Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 2)

Good morning kids :grin:. And happy Labor Day, to my Americanos. I’m still plugging along little by little. Switched over to more of a 3 day a week full body workout instead of a PPL or Upper Lower, and I seem to like this better. At 46 I’ll take all the extra rest days I can get.
I’m seeing an Ortho at the end of September to see about this, (what I think is either a small bicep tear or some type of tendonitis) it’s been months and it won’t go away. I think it’s actually a work injury though . Either way I’m just trying to work around it. Hope yous all are still getting after it. :v:

15 Likes

Hope they get it figured out. Had tendinitis in my right arm that effected me for almost 2 years. The braces helped the pain but the job prolonged it I’m sure.

1 Like

Good to see you Joe!
Biceps tendinitis going on for a whole year here now. Being out w my shoulder has given it some rest and relief but still it’s sore after anything heavy. A long way from the pull-up routines I was cranking out last year…

1 Like

Yeah pull ups are out for me too. I can do pretty much all other pulling or curl movements as long as I don’t straighten the arm to full extension. It’s like right where the brachialis is, hurts like hell :rofl:.
I didn’t realize you hurt the shoulder too. When did that happen? Did you get it looked at?

1 Like

Does anyone use an app to log food to track protein/carbs? If so, any suggestions. Thought I’d give it a try out of interest.

2 Likes

I still use My Fitness Pal. ( The free version). It tells me how many calories to take in, based on the weight I wanna stay at or go up to, and it breaks down your macros. Protein, carbs , and fats

3 Likes

I think this is the one that @Faugxh sent at some point.

2 Likes

@Jasty2 Thanks Joe, I’ll look into it

2 Likes

The above is to calculate what you need.
MyMacros is a v good tracker. Fully customizable. No pre set get toned bullshit. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Thank you.

I do! I use Fitness Pal (free version) I am doing Keto so carbs are actually Net Total Grams of Carbs less Grams of Fiber. I think the paid version gives you more options. I also am keeping track of goal percentages of Fat Protein & Carbs Daily. Fitness Pal is working great for me.

2 Likes

Thank you. I started logging my foods via Samsung Health app yesterday which I feel.is very similar to My Fitness Pal. See how I go.

2 Likes

My new 6-8 week programme is due to commence tomorrow. Here’s hoping after 2 programmes containing Bulgarian Split Squats, my PT is feeling a little empathetic and leaves them off this next programme

4 Likes

Some new things to learn on my latest programme
Leg Curls
Barbell Front Squats
Pendlay Row
Ab Roller (sucked)
Stability Ball Russian Twists
Reverse Crunches
One Arm Barbell Row
Chest supported T Bar Row

4 Likes

Split squats are the devil