Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 2)

@Mischa84 & @Runningfree

I used to use Strava years ago. Didn’t know how social it has become. I linked my Apple Watch and going to start using it again :muscle:

I am not a runner tho :joy:
I like it for my hikes and activity

4 Likes

I use it for my hikes too. I’m thinking of doing a day hike sunday. I need some wilderness

4 Likes

I haven’t had any issues like that. Garmin has a really great support team. I called them a while back when mine was doing some weird stuff (the screen touchscreen wasn’t responding). They walked me through some steps and it’s been fine ever since.

2 Likes

I use real food. I am lucky in that I could eat quite a bit beforehand and it wouldn’t bother me during. I know some people would have a problem with that. I don’t mean have a big meal but definitely for me food is best. Middle of the afternoon for you but cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, apple, banana, power bar, yougurt. A SCON(e) !! When I was younger, it was a banana and peanut butter sandwich with honey.

1 Like

Yeah i usually have a decent healthy good carb and protein meal before i leave work in the afternoon then id have a quick bowl of cereal 30 mins before workout,but ive always had the caffeine boost aswell but ive just gone 2 days without any caffeine an my workouts dont feel any different to be honest,oh and its definitely scone as in gone and jam first!!! :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

I cold turkeyed off of coffee for seven years. After the first day or so, I did not miss it a bit, not a single bit. I woke up, I was awake, etc. Then I started drinking it again and now I want coffee the second I open my eyes. I don’t care if it’s tapwater, I want caffeine. It’s a strange world.

3 Likes

Lets just say my decision to come off coffee is purely an experiment,if not drinking it helps me get a decent solid 6/8 hr sleep again then i will carry on, if not then my espresso machine will be coming out of the cupboard unwrapped and being used again :+1:t2::grinning: ill give this experiment 2 months :+1:t2:

2 Likes

So…
I went to see my PT last night with the hope of potentially having a light session/deload week…
She increased my weights on all sets bahahaha. Good news though, no issue with my shoulder which is very pleasing. I told her that this was the first time in months that I felt lethargic and felt like skipping. She said that is natural especially after losing 26kg since Feb.
3 sets of 10 Sumo Deadlifts at 40kg which is not huge but feels good considering I’ve only recently started proper deadlifts.
ODAAT

3 Likes

Despite my hips/back not feeling great, and my body image being in the toilet, I am trying to embrace pride and accomplishment at the suggestion of my therapist. I was raised/conditioned to be modest/humble to the point where nothing feels like a worthy acheivement and to celebrate such things is conceited.

Learning to push through that and find a middle ground where I can recognize my progress, give myself credit for it, and maybe actually just be happy about it for once.

So I am PROUD of my back day progress. Stats go back to March when my back/hips returned to being fucky. This week marks the end of the first full eight-week cycle I’ve been able to do since it all reccurred. Proud of that too.

My jumps in volume are something I am quite happy with and today I give myself credit for the hard work.

7 Likes

and you should! That’s some serious weight 🏋🏻‍♀ Nice job T :clap:

3 Likes

Random question- If you had a $50 gift card which would you choose?

I’m leaning more towards the box but I can’t make up my mind. The box- I would have a little left over. The stand thing I would have to put a little extra of my own money :thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

Neither. Kettlebells :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The question is, what are you going to use/benefit more from? If it were me I’m going for the rack. But @Cjp has a good point too lol

3 Likes

I already have a kettlebell, dumbbells, plates and the barbell.

@jbaldwin84 I’m leaning towards the box for step ups, split squats and the like. My runner legs need to be strong. I mostly want the rack to make getting the bar for squats easier.

5 Likes

Do it
Also, you should get a cold plunge then for those running legs :cold_face: :leg: Will help a lot in recovery

2 Likes

Upper day today, trying to give my baby biceps/triceps and back attention now I’m running more. I’ve been splitting my week 3 days running, and two weight training days to compliment the running and keep some muscle. At first I just threw my weight training out the window because I was bored and caught the running bug, but I’m realising they can be friends and co exist. So I’m rebuilding again :joy:

15 Likes

I’d get the box. It’s not a good rack. it’s not adjustable, very sturdy and has no spotter arms for squats or BP. A box needs to be well made to carry your weight and I would also buy a proper one, not just use anything. Also I wouldn’t do any BPs off any box for sure. You need proper form and you’re not gonna get that on a box.

Also, not relating to Jen’s Q, wanted to remind ppl of these threads for running, general nutrition, gadgets, whatever.

The Strava thread

Fitness/Gym/Health Enthusiasts (TW gym attire, diet discussions Rules #6 and 7 apply)

Daily fitness check in :muscle:

Just to keep the topics neat and this space focussed on weightlifting. :pray:t2:

Edit lol sorry I think some previous posts got binned, this did make perfect sense before I swear. It’s still good advice so imma leave it as it :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I would choose boxes too.

1 Like

I’ve been using my kitchen chair to do my spilt squats :joy: I think the box would be much better

Thanks for the opinions guys :blush:

3 Likes

Aye I been guilty of that too believe me but tbh it’s just not safe and as soon as you’re using any heavier weight and systemic fatigue builds, you’ll see, it’s just a sprained ankle or duffed up knee waiting to happen to use the wrong equipment. Better off doing lunges on the floor imho. And they suck equally so :rofl: :peach:

1 Like