Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness šŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind)

Lol!!! Feel like Iā€™m one cough or wrong sleep away from being paralyzed sometimes :laughing:.

7 Likes

Yall are scaring me, I donā€™t wanna get old :joy:

Makes me think of this meme :stuck_out_tongue:
images

4 Likes

Besides the achy joint pain no matter what I do, the debilitating heartburn every time I eat something semi spicy, and waking up 3 times a night to take a piss. Getting older ainā€™t half bad. :rofl:

5 Likes

Donā€™t forget about the weak stream :unamused:

5 Likes

I think I may have mentioned that Iā€™m in the nutrition program at my gym. I confessed to my nutrition coach that I secretly still get my sweets in because I canā€™t help it! :rofl: I love my doughnuts! :doughnut: This however is putting a halt to my baby six pack abs. And, in addition to trying to get me to lay off the sweets, my nutrition coach is trying to get me to get my 10K steps in a day to help move things along because the numbers arenā€™t budging. :tired_face: Iā€™m currently sitting at 135lbs. and Iā€™m trying to get anywhere from 125 - 130lbs. What has everyone done when theyā€™ve plateaued?

15 Likes

Keep your metabolism off guard, eat at deficit most days and at surplus once every week or two. That doesnā€™t mean eat whatever, just eat a little more. Hit protein goals. I also suggest going by how close fit and not the scale, trading fat for muscle can make that scale sit still (not to mention how much weight the body can fluctuate in any given day). Keep after it, youā€™re doing great :+1:

5 Likes

For the most part, I do well a majority of the week. I have my lean protein, veggies, 1/4 of a sweet potato, and now incorporated a side of leafy greens w/lime juice & pieces of avocado. I think whatā€™s killing me is the snacking. I canā€™t help it then I reach for the sweetsā€¦ doughnuts, chocolate, chipsā€¦ :drooling_face: I usually have two cheat meals a week and itā€™s mainly a burger with fries or Mexican food. I feel like Iā€™m partially disciplined but really need to hone in on it.

3 Likes

Interesting method, Iā€™m going to try this! My coach does have me on a calorie deficit. I just have to cut out the sweets to avoid surpassing it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: A lot of clothes that didnā€™t fit me now do though. The abs arenā€™t peaking out yet. Iā€™m just aiming for little baby ones. :pinching_hand:t3::joy:

2 Likes

Time for that post gym protein shake and dinner!

18 Likes

Post superset workout, pre bike ride.

17 Likes

Out for another entire week with a virus from hell. Iā€™m not usually much bothered w colds but this was something else. Goddam this year sucks so fucking bad so far, guys.

Came back strong today w a push day, still half dead tho tbh but couldnā€™t wait anymore. :mechanical_arm:

Did I mention the PT estimates Iā€™ll be back to fully functioning right arm by September. I miss having arms. Sigh. I wonā€™t be filling out my tops this summerā€¦

Edit I was gonna add a pic of my wl communterā€™s prepped food for 1.5days but it wonā€™t load. This week itā€™s a boatload of sandwiches, vegetable soup w tuna and joghurt for breakfast w berries. Most of my writer colleagues seem to live on ciggies and I heard someone say last week how he eats fruit loops out the box for breakfast :joy: cute. I guess weā€™re all different weird. :melting_face:

Hold on to your happiness, friends, wherever it glints at you. :kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::boar:.

Updating this cos Iā€™m a proud weirdo haha: not pictured are the copious amounts of protein bars I have in all my bags and pockets :kissing_closed_eyes:

18 Likes

Thatā€™s tough for sure. Hopefully you heal up sooner than not.

4 Likes

Thanks buddie.

2 Likes

This is all very new to me at age 52. Since the start of Feb I have lost 11.8kg starting off at 116.8kg and my target weight is around 90kg. Doing around 14k steps each day which involves a 3.8km walk each night. Healthy eating, gym/basic weights every 2nd day and boxing training once or twice a week. Itā€™s truly a great way for me to stay sober and live a much healthier life. Take inspiration from people like David Goggins and the like.

D I S C I P L I N E

22 Likes

Heck yes, inspiration right there! Welcome to the thread and great to hear about what youā€™re doing!

One thing that comes to my mind is that w boxing, weights and proper eating youā€™ll gain some muscle and youā€™re not looking extremely overweight rn for your frame, so 90 might prove to be a bit low - but thsts not for now anyway. one day at a time, my friend.
Keep that fire going.

5 Likes

Thank you so much. Iā€™ve not felt this self confident and mentally strong in many many years. The thing that confuses me most is the amount of differing info about what is best for you as in training wise and nutrition, but Iā€™m absolutely loving the journey thus far.

6 Likes

Haha yes you look it and thatā€™s fabulous to see!

Iā€™ve posted this many times, itā€™s super helpful: The Leangains Macro Calculator | RippedBody.com

This will help you calculate your macros. Your goal from what I read is some weight loss (tho again I doubt itā€™ll be another 25kg) and body recomposition, so you should be in a slight caloric deficite (use that in the calculator). High deficite and you wonā€™t have the energy to lift and box and youā€™ll lose your passion if youā€™re just starting out.

Your training plan I absolutely dig: some weights, some cardio and applied fitness and mobility w the boxing plus walking which is just overall nice for the mind also.

Good luck and donā€™t hesitate to use the good folks on this thread for advice, Iā€™ve asked many times myself. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looking cut up there Seb, nice job putting in the work. :+1::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Looking strong and lean @Seb congrats on your progress

3 Likes

Didnā€™t know about this one. Thank you. :v:

4 Likes