Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

Is it the one with Nick Shaw?

1 Like

Yeah. Tho it’s Mike that drew me in.

2 Likes

Okay thanks I found it, just wanted to make sure it was the right one. Always looking for new ones to try on the drive to work :v:

1 Like

I bet that was fucking amazing!

1 Like

Last night I lost a good friend may he R.I.L
Today i went to the gym to ego lift, then i pulled myself together.

Hit a few warm ups 50kg, 70kg, 80kg looking for 100kg/220lbs dead lift and smashed it! Definitely
Can get a little more on the bar for 1rm

12 Likes

Had nice chill evening working on back bi/triceps
May seem small but a big win for me, i felt comfortable enough to do some of my sets in my tank top, was feeling good enough to get my flex on as well, no where near where i want to be but definitely seeing change

5 Likes

I don’t have the energy to start exercising yet. But I wanted to do some sort of fitness related activity. 45 minutes of infrared heat with red light therapy… I got the heart rate up and a good sweat in.

12 Likes

Gym day 2. Day 62 sober.

Goal is 90 days sober, 30 days gym then I’d like to start on nutrition.

12 Likes

Hey there, congrats on your sober time and starting a healthier life.

I see you got 30 days straight of gym planned there - that’s not a good idea for anyone except you make 25% of that active rest. especially starting off, overdoing it in the gym is most likely to backlash. consistency is key w this, as in everything, as in recovery too.

also, nutrition is like 1/3 of your work towards health and or fitness. up to 1/2 even, some might say. make sure you got your basics covered, no matter where you are in your journey. no need at all to calorie count down to single digits or aim for perfection. just the basics, but those you need if you wanna get the the benefits of the work you put in. (not living on fast food or supplements, real foods, enough protein)

good luck and welcome to the gym thread! :fire:

3 Likes

I definitely meant 30 days over the next 60. Not 30 days straight.
Thanks for your advice!

1 Like

This was my first workout in months. I did a body weight workout in the sauna with temps ranging from 65 - 71 Celsius. I was in there for 45 minutes. These are the moves I did, 10 reps each!

8 Likes

Todays workout was lit :fire: Made sweat cry thats for sure! Did chest and triceps along with a 20 min fat burning workout on the stationary bike. Followed by a light walk on the treadmill to cool down. Im slowly starting to introduce myself to the smith machine again. Did smith machine bench presses with a total of 60lb weight (30lb on each side) on the bar.

Does anyone know what the total weight would be? Id like to keep track :slight_smile: thanks!

4 Likes

The bar I have is 35lb. I know they also come in 45lbs. I’m not sure if there is a standard bar weight for the smith machine. Maybe someone else knows that. Someone that works at your fitness center should know though.
Great job getting a workout in! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I started with a PT 2 days ago whom I will be training with once a week and solo 2-3 times a week. After a stretch/warmup she gave me Bulgarian Split Squats to try. Having never done them before she was impressed with my form and 2 days on my quads really know they’ve had a decent workout hahaha

2 Likes

First time hitting the weights in months. I started light, 30lbs. 10 reps x 4 sets. Chest, shoulders, legs and back. Got the sweat going and the heart rate up. Now doing 30 mins of red light therapy at 71 Celsius in the sauna.

5 Likes

I would say you could add 30 pounds to your total but this is not an exact science… the resistance changes with maintenance of the machine and some other factors… it’s probably easiest to just track the weight plates you put on and go off of that number. The numbers don’t matter, the effort does :wink:.

3 Likes

Anybody got any advice for deload fatigue? I did a proper delaod this time, a whole week of easy ass sessions, whereas in the past I’d just 1/2 the volume. And I’m WEAK after this! I failed my sets on the first sesh back which is not sth that usually happens w me, and I feel like I can barely attempt to tackle leg day tomorrow.

How do I prevent this. I was trying to improve my rest but I might just go back to my old way of deloading then. Any experiences, guys?

1 Like

Nutrition and sleep consistent? I mean are you eating the same amount during deload? Sooo many factors come into play here. If I were you I would deload the same way a few times before changing anything. It could just be a weird anomaly

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been a good girl and really eating all my carbs. I’m defo eating the full amount, more than in the past, including during past deloads. Man I’m even facing the fear of getting fat which is a big deal, w my background. Sleep is an issue but it’s always been. It’s maybe a bit worse still, yeah, than usually.
Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Ur absolutely right in all honesty. Its the effort i put into it that counts :slight_smile: