Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness šŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind)

Day 106 of sobriety and it was chest Monday! Anyone else wear something thatā€™s your favorite and makes you feel extra strong or more confident? This exact gym outfit does for me like Iā€™m batman or something lol hit a PB of 185 on the bench with 3 reps and no spotter. Feel like I could have done more reps or weight but I donā€™t want to risk it! Hereā€™s to a new week of gainz! :muscle::skull_and_crossbones: stay motivated and as always one day at a time!

13 Likes

I got four strong ass workouts in last week and it felt awesome! Back to it again tomorrow. Iā€™ve lost 22kgs in 18 months after a big knee injury šŸ„² starting to feel like myself again in my sobriety and fitness.

16 Likes

Sober day 459. Back/Bis split midway through cut phase week 2/8. Stat consistent friends.

16 Likes

Day 134- shoulders babyyy :fire:

17 Likes

Got some negatives this morning. I love when I get them but Iā€™m not trying. Makes itā€™s that much sweeter

15 Likes

Day 109 of sobriety started with arm day! The great hambino powered me through another awesome pump! Stay motivated and as always one day at a time!

16 Likes

2 miles done! Now trying some weights. 6 days sober!! I hate this part where I break out but trying to stay positive and remind myself Iā€™m still beautiful.

20 Likes

Hotel gymsā€¦ gotta make the best of it. Put work in when you can, however you can.

17 Likes

Day 115 sober! Was at the gym at 430 had a killer arm day! My discipline for going to the gym and staying sober is like being in the cobra Kai! Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy! Stay motivated and as always one day at a time!

10 Likes

Checking in
Havenā€™t checked in here for awhile. Things have been hectic and I wasnā€™t following thru really with my workouts. Today is day 2 of workouts btwn 9-1030. I no longer can workout at 530am which is such a blessing. My workouts are soooo much more intense at 9am. And I have no time restrictions now :slight_smile: Hoping that I will begin to see some more results. Also have my weight loss clinic appt this Friday. We will see how they can help me with my nutrition
Me making sweat cry :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Yesterday did a solid 30 min run on the elliptical, today busted out a great 40 min full body workout!

Have also started doing some daily 15 minute mini-workouts with my 10yo. Itā€™s part of making some family healthy habit/dietary changes and she did really well. Some days are cardio (elliptical jogging + watching her fave show, or dancing), others are strength/flexibility focused.
Today we worked on 5lb bicep curls and some planks among other things; itā€™s great as a communication and relationship builder, plus itā€™s keeping me motivated seeing her push herself and having me ā€œcheck out her gunsā€ afterward.

11 Likes

Indoor Bike
July 24- 19.4 miles
July 26- 20.7
July 29- 21
Aug 3-19.2
Aug 5- 20.6
Aug 9- 19
Aug 12- 19.
Aug 15- 19.4
Aug 17- 20.3
Been consistent riding the bike have not walked too much because still around 100F when I would walk. I could do it but just choosing not to for some reason.
Not using the weights which I quit mid June bc high covid where I was doing it.
Thanks for the suggestions on the kettle balls. Hopefully will get started w them. Thanks for the support, all of you are doing great.

8 Likes

Iā€™m 4 months post-spine surgery.
Back in the gym for 8.5 weeks, the first half light work on machines only. The last 4 weeks back in with (cautious) no restrictions.

Iā€™m already matching or beating all my lifts pre-surgery, especially legs. I had been in the gym consistently for 10 years (most time out, 2 weeks, barring covid closures). I had been stuck on my bests for YEARS no matter what I did. It was frustrating, until I found out I wasnā€™t doing anything wrong - it was a neurological/spinal cord disorder impacting my muscle function and growth.

Itā€™s so cool to feel everything (well, most things) working better. Iā€™m working hard and I canā€™t wait to crush these old maximums and be better than I ever have been. Only had to take one day off in this whole time, and it was because I strained my back slightly by moving some of my larger plants (50+ lbs) off the ground a little more hastily than I shouldā€™ve.

Not putting on any weight, and about 7 or 8 lbs lighter than before surg - but I figure most nutrients/calories are still going to healing. No complaints, Iā€™m eating like a MFer and I dig it. And I havenā€™t even started running again yet!

Perhaps the best part is all the freaking TIME Iā€™m getting back. I only stretch/theragun/yoga once a day (used to have to do it 2x/day, now I just do it to stay in the habit in the morning) and I pretty much never have to ice my back anymore (for 4 years, I had to ice it 2x/day for 30-60 min). I now have an additional 2-3 hours everyday. Itā€™s awesome.

21 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome manā€¦ time to unleash beastmode

6 Likes

Up to running 15 min on treadmill I have set a goal of a 5K in the fall! OMG this high is so much better than a drug high itā€™s like every cell in my body is happy!

22 Likes

Haha wow @kat261 :grin::grin: this was fun to read, I got some of your high there! Whatā€™s your plan? Are you going to make yourself run a little longer each week?

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so awesome! Have you run a 5k before? If not my suggestion would be to check out the app ā€œfrom the couch to the 5kā€ obviously youā€™re not on ā€œthe couchā€ but itā€™s a great first time training plan! Good luck :heart_eyes:

Buhaha. Happy man

Hit legs for the first time in like a month today (been super busy building a porch and putting a fence up)ā€¦ I wonā€™t be walking for the next couple of days lol.

4 Likes

The name change got me for a secondā€¦ good to see you man :slightly_smiling_face: