Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness šŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind)

Omg that would be crazy but also fun! What are you thinking though. Like I toss them 3 times and post the results at a certain time? Not sure how many peeps would go for that challenge but it does sound fun.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know exactly how it works and then thought that all the organisation would be on you. Which is not appropriate to ask for.

2 Likes

@anon74766472 if itā€™s easy for you could you please post again that kettlebell workout sheet that you posted here for me on this thread? Thanks.

@Sabrina80 do you have one you can post? I have a 10 pound and a 20 pound.

1 Like

I use a workout App, itā€™s called ā€œKettlebellā€.
The last 2 times I did a workout from Andrew Bustos, you find him on TikTok. Dunno if heā€™s on Instagram too. He has nice beginner stuff :blush:

1 Like

Just great. Iā€™ve trained in a gym since November. Got fatter over Christmas. Iā€™m still on a diet since New Year. And now I weight the same as in November, but gain 1.2 kg in fat and lost muscles. WTF?

3 Likes

@Planipennia, as a beginner in the gym youā€™ll make quick progress and build muscle if you stick with a regular training habit and eat accordingly.
Donā€™t worry as much about weight gain and fat loss at the stage where youā€™re at. Youā€™ll see changes. Donā€™t get bogged down in the details and the scales numbers and get frustrated with that stuff. Consistency is absolute key when it comes to fitness and muscle building. That means regular and appropriate training and eating. Progress slows down the more advanced you get. But you still gotta train hard and eat right.

And thatā€™s what Iā€™m gonna do now. Been a dark start of the new year for me. Finding my way after the end of my relationship, end of a big project I had to do, facing a lot of very old fear in therapy, crushed by my old pal depression a lot.
Times when I appreciate the heavy weights so damn much that allow me to feel relief and joy in my body. Gotta love that we have this body and this ability to feel happy in it, no matter what, even if only for a short while. :black_heart::boar:

PS I tried out my amazing new belt :purple_heart: last week and deadlifted the 100kg without problems. I can see I was right in holding off getting one this long. Itā€™s really a huge aid and tempting to overgo the bodyā€™s limits and lift more than the rest of the body is able to maintain, because we want those high numbers. I love the belt but only gonna use it for those extra heavy sets, and keep building up the whole system as I have always done. :dizzy:

8 Likes

Thank you very much for your experiences! Much appreciated!:+1:

1 Like

Day 1194ā€¦ back/biā€™s, chasing endorphins

18 Likes

Day 767

9 Likes

My football (soccer) kits finally fit properly again.

My midsection still has a way to go before it looks like it did pre-surgery, and perhaps it never will. Iā€™m only about 50% through what I was told would essentially be a 2yr recovery. Thereā€™s more to go.

If out of the loop - my surgery disrupted the nerves which control my abdominal wall, so my middle stuck/sticks out more than it used to in the front and sides. Itā€™s getting better, I think, slowly.
Thereā€™s also the physical side - I was made shorter by removal of a vertebrae. Thus, less room for my organs, abdominals, etc. So of course my middle is a bit squished.

Really fucked with my self-esteem for a while. I work hard as fuck to look and feel a certain way. I couldnā€™t wear a lot of my clothes post-surg, too tight and I hated my body shape.

But getting better. Perhaps my upper body isnā€™t as tapered as it once was, and even if it never goes back exactly, I can rest knowing Iā€™ve worked my balls off for the best result possible.
I am also more accepting of my body as it is now. Maybe not quite the same slim n trim athletic look, but still in good shape and ever since that woman called me ā€œthick daddyā€ in a store, Iā€™m feeling alot better about being moreā€¦well, thick and dense.

12 Likes

Most people wouldnā€™t even attempt to get back to it after that type of surgery. Good thing you were in great shape going into it. Youā€™re ahead of the game already. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get back to right where you were prior. :muscle:

1 Like

Letā€™s take a voteā€¦ Should @TMAC change his name to ThickDaddy??? I say yes

Looking good bro, keep grinding.

6 Likes

Iā€™d where that nickname proudly. :joy:

1 Like

For sure :sweat_smile:!

1 Like

Itā€™s very close to one of my cactus-related nicknames that I was givenā€¦Prick Daddy

2 Likes

My current protein shake mixā€¦ā€¦ Iā€™m getting real tired of the flavor. I have been flipping between this one and a plain chocolate. Yā€™all got any recommendations? I do NOT like the ones with any chunky pieces so my options are limited

3 Likes

In the past, I wouldā€™ve heavily recommended Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. Great flavor, quality, and was once the best bang for your buck.

Used to be $50-60 for 5lbs.
Over the last year, itā€™s crept up to $85.

So I guess Iā€™m in the market for a new brand myself, because they can go kick rocks for that kinda money.

3 Likes

Probably havenā€™t lost all that much! From what Iā€™m aware of, muscles donā€™t even start to lose strength until 2-3 weeks away from lifting, especially if protein levels were kept high.

Cardio, on the other handā€¦you lose that FAST.

1 Like

I get this on Amazon for 70$. Best one Ive had

3 Likes

How you getting it for $70? Certain flavor?

Either of the 2 vanilla flavors is $85

2 Likes