Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind)

Yeah, I’m sure my wife won’t be able to keep her hands off of me… :joy::laughing::rofl:

2 Likes

Ok. Wtf :rofl::rofl: This catch phrase comes with a whole tiny video clip and music in my head lol. I can never unsee this now. sorry @Dan531 I see a lot of riffing incoming on this thread too. By both Thick Daddy and yours truly. :grin:

Edit the plan sounds great I’ll be excited to follow your progress. :weight_lifting_man::pizza:

4 Likes

The adventures of Hot Dan & Thick Daddy. Somebody start that thread immediately. :joy::rofl::muscle:

5 Likes

Oh no… that sounds like something I’m not sure I wanna be part of :rofl:

2 Likes

“Hide your chicken, lock up your weight rooms. Coming to your house this summer: It’s #DanAndDaddy

I soooo wanted to go with the OTHER two words I had available for the hashtag, but I felt that would be toe-ing the line of being too suggestive. Yeah.

steve-harvey

6 Likes

if they arent the obvious ones from above Imma have to request a dm at this point.

2 Likes

VaNKemX

3 Likes

We’ll make the thread in December when I come visit :wink:

3 Likes

Chasin that pump!

11 Likes

What do you all do as far as workouts? In the last couple weeks I just switched from a 4-5 day a week Upper/Lower split to a 5-6 day a week PPL. I was noticing the Upper workouts were taking forever trying to get the volume in, and I was drained 3/4 of the way through. The PPL looks something like.

Push
Flat Bench press 4-5 sets
Db Military press 4-5 sets
Inc DB press 3 sets
Lateral raises 3 sets
Flys or dips 2 sets
Reverse flyers 2 sets
Two tricep exercises

Pull
Db deadlifts 4 sets
Machine row 3 sets
Lateral pulldown 3 sets
2 bicep exercises.

Legs
Leg press 5-6 sets
Leg extension 3 sets
Hamstring curl 3 sets
Two calf exercises.
I usually stay within 8-10 reps if I can.
And than I rotate the exercises for the next workouts that week, but generally the same format. Any suggestions on volume or anything, I’m always looking for new ideas.

3 Likes

I started the Maps anabolic program. Full body 2 or 3 times a week with trigger sessions on days off. I’m still getting used to it but I think I’ll respond better to it. Pm me if you want anymore info on it :wink:

2 Likes

Okay cool thanks. I’ll run the ppl for about 8 weeks and see where I’m at. I had hip surgery about 4 years ago, and I got a lower back disc thing going on, so heavy BB squats and deads are out at this point.

2 Likes

Getting older sucks ass. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I hear ya. I don’t define anything by heavy or light anymore, I had to let the numbers go. It’s all just defined by effort now… I’ll just let lift/rest temp dictate effort by slowing or speeding rep/rest tempo up or down. Maybe someday I’ll push those boundaries again but for now it’s all good.

3 Likes

Bear crawls pulling a tire today were just one part of the mix. :hot_face: I forgot how hard and amazing the group workouts I use to do were.

13 Likes

My first murph! I’m really happy with the time. My only goal was under an hr and I got it done in 52 mins and 57 secs

19 Likes

Got my new bench in, it replaced 2 benches and gives me more room in the gym. It’s freaking heavy, super well built.

I’ll test it out a little tomorrow after work.

11 Likes

Have you tried doing different variations of the squat? Goblet, split, Bulgarian that sort of thing?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s tough, I’ve had to completely change how I lift because of just age really… it takes some getting use to. All I can say is listen to your body.

1 Like

Tried alternating high bar and low bar squats yet?

1 Like