Had a slip up last night

I had a slip up last night and drank, after 2 days sober. I woke up yesterday morning and couldn’t get drinking out of my mind. I feel so guilty, today I am not thinking about a drink at all. Thankfully.

6 Likes

That craving is going to come back and you have to get a plan in place and take immediate action. Have you considered rehab, IOP or any other program? Reading you other post, your life is on the line here.

That’s some scary stuff you posted above. You’ve got to do whatever you can to stay sober! What about AA meetings? You can attend from the comfort of your own home. Here’s a link:

12 Likes

Gotta agree with Lisa, not drinking is easier when you feel bad. Those justifications will come creeping back into your head soon enough.
One thing I did early in recovery is write a list of what I wanted my life to be, and what it was like with alcohol.
Like I want to be a present mother. I want to be a prepared teacher. But when I drink I am hungover and grumpy with my kids. I black out and don’t plan for work. Even though in your head you have a rough idea, a black and white list in front of you is quite impactful.

8 Likes

Thank you for the link. I will check it out. I am currently in iop but don’t find it that helpful. I have went to rehab for 3 months. I was doing good until I picked up one drink that turned into a full relapse. I’m trying so hard to stop

3 Likes

Hi Lexx. Glad you can be so honest with yourself and this community to admit this relapse. I hope you continue to use this place to assist your recovery. I would advise you to check in on the daily check in thread with the rest of the peeps here, and especially the new guys like me. I want this January crew to stick together through all our milestones of sobriety!!!

And when you start thinking about drinking all day, you can and should share that with us here immediately.

With you on this journey
-Solar

6 Likes

You are here … keep coming back. When you think 'drink" get on this App and talk to us. Read threads, scroll through the Meme’s thread and laugh to take that thought away. Her involved in on the threads in here and journal.
You got this … and we got you :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just get through today
Just take it one day at a time
Sobriety is like snakes and ladders one minute you’re at the top and the next you’re on square one again you have to keep rolling the dice and never quit never stop believing in yourself
You got this

3 Likes

Part of the reason I got sober was for health. I had bloodwork showing I had thyroid issues, I also was classified with fatty liver disease. I drank a lot of different stuff but a lot of beer before I lost 40 pounds during a dry 7 months before I decided to get sober. Had a brief period after that where I went back to drinking before I decided to choose sobriety. Last January I decided to go sober and six months later my bloodwork was back to normal even though my doctors told me changing my diet wouldn’t fix my thyroid ironically. They never knew how much I actually drank and my doctor was shocked how my numbers improved so much.

The moral of the story is alcohol really is poison, and stopping can make dramatic positive impacts to your health! Although you may not be able to reverse damage especially to the liver, you can save what is still there! I take milk thistle everyday for liver health and try to eat foods that encourage good liver health in my diet. I didn’t want alcohol to be the reason my life ended so I changed my habits and chose a new path. I really hope you stick with sobriety there’s so much more to life so many wonderful things to live for stick with this community we are all here for you!

8 Likes