Has anyone heard of Kratom?

Lol, this isnt making any sense. Have a good one

1 Like

What I thought too… :joy::joy::joy:

It’s considered an opioid because of its active chemical 7-hydroxymitragynine, which attaches to opioid receptors in the brain. Science.

Opioids aren’t in and of themselves bad. They’ve been used for centuries to control pain. Ask that WW2 soldier shot on the beaches of Normandy. The medics likely gave him morphine.

We make them bad, by abusing them not to manage real physical pain, but rather to get high. We get addicted to the feeling.

Not long after getting sober, I had to have a root canal. The doctor prescribed vicodin. I didn’t fill the script. My pain was tolerable, and therefore I didn’t want the drug, 'cause sobriety.

8 Likes

Do you not understand anything that binds to opioid receptors is an opiate!! Your argument is it’s not synthetic? Opium poppy plants arent synthetic, so i guess you dont consider them an opiate also?

1 Like

Nope, they dont hit opiate receptors.

1 Like

I am declaring @mike_gee the clear victor of this debate.

2 Likes

I’m done man, this is like debating with my son why he has to brush his teeth

4 Likes

Man, I think you covered all the bases quite well. Not much left to say at this point.

So glad you said this. Everytime I see Kratom I think “the stuff that hurts Superman?”. Anything that can hurt Superman MUST be bad for you… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that a bunch of posts have been deleted. Which brings me to a point I’ve made on a previous post. If you need to defend your taking of a unregulated mind altering substance then have you changed your addict behavior? I used to justify my use with all sorts of “facts”. One of my favorites was saying that long term heroin use doesn’t have physical affects on the body other than constipation. I have no idea if it’s true, but I read it somewhere once and ran with it.

3 Likes

If you don’t count death by respiratory arrest, sclerotic veins, hepatitis, yeah…I guess the long term effects are minimal.

I once quit drinking hard liquor by switching to lite beer. Went a whole month free from vodka and bourbon. Lite beer really helped with the withdrawals too. Only side-effects were I had to drink a lot more of it, by volume, to get wasted, and I had to piss a lot.

2 Likes

Oh, I definitely wasn’t counting those lol.

2 Likes

How I feel about this thread…:rofl::rofl::rofl:image

5 Likes

Then what’s the point of posting?

So I have been following this tread and I have been attending to meetings and I have been sober from coke and other drugs for a while now. I have searched for an answer for this topic within the Literature and found two useful readings:

NA WORLD SERVICE BOARD OF TRUSTEES BULLETIN #29
Regarding Methadone and Other Drug Replacement Programs
https://www.na.org/?ID=bulletins-bull29

NA Groups & Medication

Please take your own conclusions about it. I am not a spokesman but I believe in abstinence and/or prescribed medication followed by serious medical attention. Meetings and sponsorship works also, at least for me, if taken seriously. After all it is a metal, spiritual and physical disease, and has to be fought in a lot of fronts, but I would not take no substitute hyped pseudo opiate to maskared my compulsion feelings, but again, that’s me talking.

1 Like

I’m just loving it.:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s how the kratom threads go.

2 Likes

Going nowhere and posts deleted.