Having a hard time with cravings

Today is the day I start with abstinence from recreational technology once again. I am already struggling tremendously. But this attempt I will seek help and talk about how I feel. I won’t crave alone. This time

7 Likes

Hey Jan, good that you’re checking in! We understand cravings aren’t easy but you are more than your cravings. Your mind is like a tool that’s not functioning properly now. It causes you trouble but it can be mended. One minute at the time if necessary :heart:

2 Likes

This was posted on a nicotine thread… Not the same I know, but maybe some useful principles that could be applied?

3 Likes

that is very useful. I can make that work somehow

3 Likes

It didn’t have to come to one minute at a time. I decided to clean the house and then I attempted to do homework

2 Likes

Technology is a really hard one. I have absolutely no advice but I did want you to know that I hear you and I know that struggle is real. Keeping busy seems to be the theme with all addictions. I honestly don’t know how you do it. I have to have something going all the time whether it’s TV, music or my phone. I give you a lot of credit for doing what you’re doing. Sending positive vibes your way.

1 Like

Even TS has it to some extent. For technology addicts like me, it can be really hard not to try and get all badges.

2 Likes