Healthy recipes . Developing a belly!

I’ve developed a bit of a belly since stopping drinking and already needed to lose some before that :smirk: Looking some inspiration for healthy breakfast lunch and dinner that are low fat and nutritious. I love my healthy grub when organised. Any pics and recipes would be greatly appreciated :blush::yum::yum:

I keep a big plastic container of mixed greens cut and ready in my fridge. Then if I’m perusing for something quick to eat, I have no excuse for hitting the bag of potato chips (my food weakness).

3 Likes

Morning breeky Banana big plate of Scottish porridge with milk and a dash of salt and a cup of tea or coffee then of to work

6 Likes

I use to do that. I would have s container with rocket spinach watercress mixed peppers red onion broccoli etc just prepared and ready to throw a salad together but been craving sugar and starch since quitting drink and it’s starting yi take its toll. Need to get some good stuff in me

1 Like

I do like porridge and banana with cinnamon, thanks I haven’t had that in ages :blush:

Do you like thai food?? Also do you have a spiralizer?

3 Likes

Love Thai but no I don’t have a spiralizer. :smirk:

Ok after our nap I’ll send some thai recipes :+1:

(re the spirilizer you can use a hand grater to grate in long strands instead, was just thinking carrott/courgette is a good pasta substitute)

1 Like

Thanks Fran much appreciated xx

A good healthy breakfast would be overnight oats. There are tones of recipes out there. Just google overnight oats and you’re good to go!!

1 Like

Favorite healthy recipes:

Steamed eggplant with Chinese garlic sauce.
Stir fried greens, kale, collard greens, garlic chive, spinach, etc.
Braised chicken thighs
Lean beef/chicken taco salad
Cold Chinese cucumber and chicken salad
Steamed fish of all sorts , I know a few Recipes for these.
In short steamed meat or vegetables, a stovetop steamer is the best cheap investment ever.

I find the more complex the recipie it normally goes downhill in health value for us. Normally.

4 Likes

Funny a friend of mine mentioned that today to me and I use to make it and it definitely kept me full for ages thank you :blush:

Thank you that all makes sense and some lovely ideas in there I had forgotten about coconut yoghurt but it’s lovely. Also up for trying the apple cider vinegar thing :blush:

Apart from eggplant I like a lot of those ideas. How do you braise your chicken thighs ? X

for morning, i really like steel cut oats cooked in water + coconut cream and when done i’ll add a bit of honey to sweeten it up. really delish and good source of nutrients! x

1 Like

I keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge and love them as snacks.

Can’t go wrong with a salad with lots of veggies, some seeds and maybe some blueberries added in…add some protein as well. Just watch what kind of dressing you are using (or make your own) as dressing often is high in sugar.

1 Like

I basically still eat the same but increased the amount of veggies.
For breakfast I very (very) often eat porridge. I make it with water not with milk and add a banana, keeps me full for hours.
If I want something sweet at work I have a container with sliced apple and carrots or celery or other fruit with me.
Today I was craving sweets again (but one can’t eat cake every day right?) so I threw frozen mangos, spinach, apple and carrots in my blender. It came out thicker as a smoothie so I eat it with a spoon lol, but such stuff is very refreshing.

1 Like

Sounds lovely but I don’t think it would help me lose weight with the coconut oil in it unfortunately. Very healthy! And nutritious as you say but not low fat I don’t think ? X

I like it . Sounds good x

the oats are high in fiber and protein which is excellent for loosing weight - so maybe try it without the coconut cream. thats just a bit i add to make it more creamy :smile:

1 Like