Hearing myself talk about my addiction 😭

Today I cried so much because I don’t want that addict life anymore and I don’t want to feel like this anymore. I was sorta forced to talk about my addiction today and hearing myself talk about it made me so sad, I don’t want that life, I have to stay sober.

10 Likes

Hey Mitzi.
Congratulations on your 8 days. That is a great start. You can have a clean and sober life. It will be work. There are so many approaches to sobriety. I fully believe in the principles of AA especially the first 3 steps. Those first three steps are a great start.
My best tool is practicing gratitude. I use the gratitude thread on here every morning.

My advice to you and everyone else wanting sobriety is have an open mind. Other people experiencing the miracle of recovery are willing to share. Keep an open mind and learn from others experiences.
:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

Thats a great start! Admitting that you have a problem is a key factor in turning things around. It took me 25years of experimentation to figure i had a major problem with drugs and alcohol. Your in a good place to start some of the foot work. Just be patient take it easy and dont be discouraged,when times get tough reach out and ask for help and guidance from those who can make suggestions about how they’re staying sober. Be well my friend.:pray:

4 Likes

For me, as the sober days added up and I talked about how I was…and who I was as an active alcoholic…I found peace. Strange right? Maybe it was my perspective. For me, talking about it, shed light on what I was fighting. It also showed me, that if I stayed sober, I had a chance at living a better life.

Taking a peak back at my past is good, as it is a reminder where I will be if I pick up. However, I remind myself I am no longer that man.

2 Likes