Hello again everyone

Hiya Josh,

Don’t think I “met” you last time around, but I’m glad you’re here sorting yourself out. Sounds like you’ve been through quite the ordeal. I’ve only managed a couple of months so far, so you will be able to give me far more advice than I can give you! But if you’ve done 500+ days before, you can clearly do it!!

And besides, it’s nice to have another guitarist on here!!

4 Likes

Hi Jimmy :slight_smile:

No I don’t think we did meet but thankyou for the welcome. Well done on your sobriety and to be honest, I don’t feel qualified anymore to offer anyone any advice. I’ve pretty much turned on all of my own sobriety education. If I had any advice I’d share it believe me :slight_smile: guitar for life!

3 Likes

I am doing pretty well. Lots of life changes and this has been a particularly rough year for me and my family…but muddling thru. Still sober…6+ years…hard to believe, but so grateful…I don’t miss that life.

I have faith you can do anything you put your mind to. :sparkles: :muscle::heart: A day at a time works. Or a minute. Or a second.

10 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope everything is getting better even if slowly.

I’ve decided to use every tool I have to try and get sober. I was sceptical of AA beforehand but I’m so desperate now and don’t know what to do… so I’m going tomorrow morning to see what’s what. Going to try for 3 nights a week and a friend of mine has recently just passed 10 months using Aa and CA and she swears by it.

7 Likes

Doesn’t hurt to have a little fire in the belly but i know grit is not enough its something youve gotta keep working on every day, when shit inevitably gets tough sometimes i come and talk to the amazing wise heads on here so i dont pick up, this place has saved me for sure

2 Likes

Do whatever you can is my motto.

4 Likes

Hi Josh, jen here :blush:

Glad you’re back on the wagon fighting the good fight :muscle: sorry to hear about your troubles but you’re in the right places and sounds like youve got a game plan. You know what to do. Now work it. You can do it :raised_hands:

4 Likes

AA worked the best for me when I was in the same exact place. The gift of desperation carried me through my first year

6 Likes

Hello Jen! It’s been a while lol I can’t say I’m back on the wagon yet - I will be though and I will smash my last amount of days. How have you been?

It’s good to see you’re still here Derek :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to reading your posts again for sure.

2 Likes

Mine was always
You got this… Just breathe

1 Like

Well lets say you’re currently sitting on the wagon waiting for the horses to take off :sweat_smile: least you got your butt in the seat, better than being dragged along behind said wagon…

Im doing well thank you. :blush: just past 18 months sober on sunday, it was rehab and AA for me in the end but Im so glad i got low enough to need it​:pray: like Derek said, the gift of desperation… if i didnt have that i probably would have been going round in the same old circle. :roll_eyes: but here today, lifes good, not much seems to have changed on the outside but my internal world has changed dramatically, thank God :sweat_smile::raised_hands::pray:

2 Likes

Well good for you! I’m pleased to hear that! How’s Freya?

Shes great! Almost 9. Very funny and VERY cheeky :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good :slight_smile:

Are you still in Morpeth?

1 Like

Yeah still in the sticks!

You back with your mum?

No I’m not back with Mum but we have reconciled now which I’m very happy about. She was there in the hospital with me last night. It was scary… more for her than for me.

I’ve gone through a whole boat load of jobs since the last time we spoke and got out of cheffing aswell… looking to get back into it, are you still in care work?

3 Likes

Welcome back! Wishing you all the best for your journey. Its worth all the hard work! Keep fighting, never give up again!

1 Like

That’s very kind of you :slight_smile: I’m going to make sure I don’t fall off the wagon this time, it’s a very hard ground down there. My drug use was awful back in the day but I honestly think my drinking has gotten worse than my drug use.
Good to see you again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So good to see you (and others) come back. Never forget where your home is. This place helped me tremendously and i have no doubt it will help you again

4 Likes