Hello. First day here. First day sober

First day of sobriety and feeling super uneasy. Need support.

14 Likes

Welcome Steve and congrats on making the decision to get sober. That’s a huge step and I’m really proud of you. I found taking walks helped me. Just getting outside in nature and enjoying the fresh air helps. I spent a lot of time reading others stories on here too. The meme thread takes my mind of everything and makes me laugh.

3 Likes

Welcome Steve! Nice to meet you. You’re making a good choice :innocent:

What made you decide to start?

3 Likes

Welcome Steve. This really is a huge step to come here and ask for help. Reading other people’s stories, experiences and advices helped and help me still a lot. To know we are not alone. Maybe spoil yourself with some nice movies, some good food and some relaxing time on the sofa or getting out for a walk like Lisa suggested. A lot of chocolate and sweets helped me too in the beginning…

3 Likes

what day are you on today Julia, are you being a little bit modest?

2 Likes

Thank you all for the welcome. It’s been a little nerve wracking, but I have assembled a pretty solid team outside of the forum. I start meetings tomorrow and I’m going to do my best. It was recommended to me that I try to do 90 in 90 and really work the program this time around.

6 Likes

Welcome! Keep coming back! :sparkler:

1 Like

Hello Steve im Trucker J
Congratz on your first 24 hours !!
Suppourt you need suppourt you will get my friend welcome to an awesome community were we are all here help each other out take some time to read and you will see there are many here just like you starting out we all remember our first 24 hours wishing you the very best !!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Welcome! This is a great place to garner support.

1 Like

Hi Steve - it sounds like you have a good plan and a good foundation. This thread here is one I recommend to newcomers to the form, it has so many great ideas for enhancing and maintaining your sobriety: Resources for our recovery

Blessings on your house as you begin your journey. :pray:

2 Likes

HI,peace to you all its my first day …i don’t know what to say i am from Africa , & i am human with drug aboues ,i can’t sleep too
,now i am so scared of you all… i am really feeing junky officialily… i realy felt sad to be with you…i am just so sorry for bing frank sorry …any way i
Must keep fightings & i must keep going too…
what a really A pleasure meeting you day 1 brothers & sisters from d/n moth & father