Hello Forum

I’m new here and just droping in to say hi. I’ve been drinking for about 20 years. I was using it as an escape from anxiety and it got much worse after I started working in the hospital 4 years ago. I went from drinking socially, to alone on the weekends, to alone every single day. It’s put strain on my new marriage and it’s started to damage my health. I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that this might not end well for me if I keep doing this the rest of my life. So here marks day 2 of no alcohol.

17 Likes

Congratulations on day 2 Junior.
I’m glad you found us. This is a great sober community to get and give support. Have a good read around. Join in when you feel comfortable.

Here are two good threads to start:

4 Likes

Welcome! I can relate. It went from a good time to an everyday hold on me. Glad you found this forum.

3 Likes

Great to have you with us, Junior. Your drinking hx sounds a good bit like mine.

Guess what…We don’t have to or need to drink anymore. I say this in my brain every day and it helps. This place also and meetings help me too. So glad you’re here and see ya around.

2 Likes

For me meetings made it easier wish you well

5 Likes

Hi Junior! I also used alcohol to “control” (i realize now that I was just hiding from it) my anxiety. Not anymore! This place has been so helpful to me. Glad you’re here!

1 Like

Welcome! I only discovered this recently after someone in a meeting told me about it.

For me, I had to get a sponsor and get to meetings. I just didn’t have the ability to get past my own character defects and needed the help of other alcoholics to get sober.

Congrats and well done

4 Likes

Welcome, I wish you all the best on your journey :+1:

2 Likes

You are in the right place.

2 Likes