Help - I’mAbout to do something I’ll regret

I’m almost 3 months sober - I think I’m about to drink. I can’t remember why I should’nt. help

5 Likes

I keep a list on my phone to help remind me and I look at it when I feel tempted to drink. ( or even just when I have had a shitty day)
Remember, day one or one day, you get to decide :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I drank at 3 months sober…wish I hadn’t! Day 7 again for me … wish I could go back and not drink

5 Likes

I’ve asked my husband to bring home wine but I haven’t drank yet - Why is this so hard ?

1 Like

I’ve never done this before, I have never not drank - in 34 years this is as far as I’ve gotten. I don’t know one sober person so I came here

3 Likes

Thank you so much x

Because we have taught our brains that we need alcohol…and brains are lazy, they are reactive not proactive…your brain will always pick the path of least resistance and choose to drink. But you are NOT just a lazy brain, you are you, and YOU can choose :heart:

8 Likes

talk to these guys until you go to bed, do not be left alone with your own mind and get rid of that wine.

3 Likes

I try and remember what tomorrow will be like… How I want to feel, remember, change. Its just your toddler brain having a tantrum for wanting something. You get to choose to not give it to her. :heart:

2 Likes

Isn’t it so funny, I have been feeling invincible and then suddenly the urge is so strong. I don’t think I am going to to do it now - thank god I found you guys

10 Likes

suddenly our brains fill up and we think we have to react to all these thoughts but we really don’t have to if we don’t want to. You don’t have to drink if you don’t want to, it’s simple, we just complicate the shit out of everything.

5 Likes

Why wouldn’t you? It will only fuck up your mental state completely. You will probably really fucking hate yourself. You have a decent chance of dying as you’re not as resistant as 3 months ago, whilst relapses often cause more drinking than before recovery. I don’t know where you’re from, but I don’t think the hospital bill will make you really happy. Nor the embarrassing things you did during the blackout that you will find out in the next few weeks.
I think it’s best you reconsider now that you have the chance, I have a different addiction, but I know from experiences that relapses really fucked me up big time, as in thinking about death.
Joanna, I am glad you came here instead of doing something dumb. Welcome to the forum :smiley:

6 Likes

Amen to that!!

1 Like

Play that fucking tape through! What’s gonna happen of you drink that wine? Are you going to say something you’ll regret? Are you going to do something you’ll regret? Are you going to crave more and drive drunk to get more? What if you wreck your car, or injur someone, could you live with yourself? For what? Because being sober is hard?

What if you don’t drink?

You know what you need to do, just do it.

5 Likes

I want to say thank you to you all. I am
NOT going to drink but I would have, no doubt about it. You have all made me strong, the wine is put on the shelf. I’m not touching it. I was so close… I don’t want drink. It was ruining my life, my family, everything I value, my reasons for living were devalued. I planned everything around alcohol, it was breaking me. I have tried since the first Monday in January. I never expected to get this far. I had been feeling nothing short of euphoria, sleeping well, eating well. My humour is so improved - I have been just the happy old me. I am grateful to you all for taking the time out of your lives to help a stranger. Please know - you have helped someone in need today. Thank you all, Joanna xxx.

17 Likes

Eat food. Order out and shovel it in til you’re full. Then it’ll pass. I’m at 90 days and just starting to get the hang of it. Please give it more time.

2 Likes

Is there a reason to keep the wine, or is this a backdoor, an easy way to relapse if “needed”?

1 Like

Thanks for thinking of that - I have had red wine sitting there all the time, bottles, I am normally a white drinker. I have 2 bottles of gin sitting there which I have been known to demolish without challenge. I haven’t touched it nor been tempted by it until tonight, if I decide to drink, I won’t be stopped. I decide not to drink today. Thanks crazy Dutchie

1 Like

Congratulations! 90 days is amazing. Isn’t it so hard sometimes

2 Likes

Have a butcher’s at the link below. Cravings can come out of nowhere but pass, as you know. Tell your other half to put the wine out of reach when he gets in. Well done on your sobriety so far.

Resources for our recovery

1 Like