Help in giving up alcohol

Looking for help giving up alcohol

7 Likes

Hi Lance! Welcome to the Group!
Giving up Alcohol? Let’s start with the obvious…PUT IT DOWN!!! POUR IT OUT!!! THROW IT AWAY!!! NOW, that we’ve covered that, can I ask you a few questions?
Is trying to stop drinking Brand New to you? Have you quit at all yet?
I’ll wait for a response :grin: before I go any further!

3 Likes

Welcome. You just found it, read listen and post. The rest is up to you. Wish you well on your journey.

4 Likes

Hi neaner I’ve tried and failed before I was recently off it for 2 weeks and last night while at home went back on it but I go to the excess I have 3 wonderful kids and a fantastic wife I really want to do it to be better with them all

5 Likes

I’ll leave you in the capable hands of neaner but I’ll give you one piece of advice, don’t do this for anyone but yourself. Once you are happy in yourself everyone you ever meet will benefit and you won’t even have to try. Sober just makes everything better, always has always will.

9 Likes

Appreciate the advice thanks

Welcome Lance!

Thanks Donna today is day1 for me really hope can get through it this time

1 Like

I do too. Have you thought of how you can make it work and stick this time?
It’s not my first time trying but after seeing both sides; drinking vs not, it truly is a better way to live clear headed!
It’s not easy breaking our drinking habits.

2 Likes

Ya it’s mainly once Friday comes for me and I keep going throughout the weekend and it’s all at home, I must find a way to break the cycle, how long have u been sober may I ask?

I’m on day 16, I unfortunately threw away 32 days prior…and before that 3 weeks…
I live alone so some of my slips were out of boredom. I’m a product of an alcoholic family; it definitely had an affect on my lifestyle. I was about 15 when I started. I had quite a few years of no being over doing it but now I’m old and alone, lol, so it’s really something I have to be vigilant at.

2 Likes

Good stuff keep it going hopefully we can all help each other on here I previously did 2 weeks but also slipped up very disappointing

1 Like

I can honestly say this place absolutely has helped, stick around and read alot. It’s something worth fighting for!:rose:

1 Like

Good to hear thanks

2 Likes

Hey welcome,you can do it. It’s gonna be a hard couple weeks. But it’s worth it, the first 4 days we experience some withdraw, waking up feeling hung over, maybe some headaches, unmotivated. And we can experience withdraw up to ten days which is the hardest. Once we get past the ten days we start getting every single emotion that we suppress with alcohol back. So expect some anger lots of agitation, sad, happy, you name it your gonna feel it. But if I can get through that you can to, just keep checking in post some of you’re story. And get it out there, it helps. And will help you get through it to. Best of luck

6 Likes

This chapter answered a lot of questions for me.

7 Likes

That’s great thanks very much

Ok. Let’s answer some more questions?
HOW MANY AA MEETINGS HAVE YOU PUT YOUR FEET UNDER THOSE TABLES?
HAVE YOU EVER HAD TO DO REHAB?
CAN YOU TALK TO YOUR WIFE ABOUT YOUR TROUBLE OR IS THIS TABU?
DON’T WORRY! I’m just not asking ALL questions, just getting a feel. So I can properly Help :wink: You!!

No meetings no rehab ya I can talk freely with my wife about it but she is getting sick of it because failed so many times now

There’s lots of good stuff on YouTube for listening to meetings or podcasts.