Help me I'm lost

Quit my job because the vice boss is an asshole, then i visited my doctor today, it’s the last meeting of many… I got my ADHD diagnosis today, they want to take bloodsamples from me to check how much I drink… I refused, they gave me a note to bring to a clinic of my choice, when I’m ready… help me, I’m a mess

Why did you refuse to give the blood samples? Will it affect what treatment is available to you for your ADHD?

Hopefully you can find what you’re looking for and more on this forum, there is so much help and support. We all feel a bit lost sometimes and need a nudge back on to the right path.

2 Likes

I felt that they wanted to hurt me, that they didn’t trust me… because I told them I do drink to much… but then I’m also a nurse so I saw the different anlysis they were going to do with the blood and as a nurse I know what they mean… So I felt stepped on that they didn’t explain to me before that they didn’t trust me

Yes, I’m afraid… I’ll still get the meds, the thing is I don’t want them

Sorry to hear you felt that way but maybe you are over thinking this a bit… Does it really matter what they think of you or whether they trust you? If you know you drink too much then you know what the blood tests will show. What they think about that doesn’t matter. They might even be able to give you some suggestions on options available to you to help you stop drinking. I assume you’re here because you want to stop so it could even end up being the thing you need to make it happen!

1 Like

I totally agree with siand @Sigrid. Guess it’s better to face the truth and get the blood test done. I’m a nurse too and I know it’s hard sometimes. Sure you can make it. Glad you’re here. Wish you well.

1 Like

Hope things will be good

First 24 h sober, it goes very well. I don’t have any symptoms of withdrawal, so that’s good. Im thinking maybe I have a more psychological addiction than physical?

1 Like

Speaking only to my own recovery, the psychological part is more insidious than the physical. The physical addiction was strong though and sure didn’t make things easy.

It’s great to see you came back tonight, though! I’ve found a lot of guidance and support here that have helped me a lot. Keep going. Stack those days on one at a time. And think about the doc again if you need it.

4 Likes

What I feel is tired and grumpy, also felt some nausea earlier and I can’t sleep, but I’ve been drinking every day for the last six months, more than a glass of wine, more like 2-3 glass every day some days 5… so I should have more withdrawal symptoms

Sigrid, stay sober. Put your sobriety above everything and the rest of your life will come together little by little. You got this.

2 Likes

I don’t want meds for my adhd, I’m perfectly fine without them and I’ve been going to a therapist for almost two years now and it helps to tackle life, but during the summer my drinking have been getting worse, I’m going through a divorce, my husband was psychologically breaking me down and I left him May 1st and have been trying to tackle everything with both that and my therapists vacation on 3 months… the drinking have been bad in my eyes, I usually don’t drink often or much but the last 6 months I’ve been drinking between 1 and 5 glasses of wine every day… maybe that’s not much for some but for me that is very much, I’ve never tried any drugs and I have no wish to do so.

So it seems like the advice we’re giving you isn’t what you want to hear… You asked for help, what kind of help are you looking for?

Sounds like you’re going through a rough patch. It’s really brilliant that you’ve recognised the amount you’re drinking is not healthy for you. Now is the time to take steps to address it! If you haven’t stumbled across this thread yet, it might be worth a read :blush:

What I did was replying to replies on a topic witch I wrote because I wanted to tell someone about my decision to try quit living in a destructive way,. I didn’t think or for that matter say that any advice given to me here was something I didn’t want to hear.

I didn’t mean anything by it… It just seemed like the answers you were getting weren’t quite what you were after. I was trying to find out what would be helpful to you, so we can help you better!

Sometimes things don’t come over so well online - maybe I misread your responses. My intention in my reply was sincere and well meaning. :blush:

1 Like