Help need reality check

chance of drinking today 4/10 chance of weed today 7/10.
Huge arguments, need reality check. My Mrs just doesn’t get it it’s stay with her and get wasted or leave and stay sober. I don’t want to be drunk anymore, I don’t want that life back. HELP.

7 Likes

You do have a choice. Believe it or not. It’s your life! I totaly get that you don’t want to lose your relationship but if you’re so done with that lifestyle you should cash out… That’s not an easy thing to do I know. But this wil help you to stay sober and move on.
We’re all here to give you advice and support! You’re not alone.

I hope this helps a bit.

2 Likes

Oh Paul my dear friend. You r doing so well in recovery please don’t pick up over anger from a argument. Is there any chance u can talk to Mrs later and explain how u r feeling about your recovery? The first year is hard and I understand you need to protect yourself at all times . I know I’m not giving much advice but I’m always here 4 u x

2 Likes

I kind of get what you’re going thru and I’m sorry. My bf and I built our relationship around going out together and doing a plethora of different drugs. I’m at 2 months and we’re struggling with this new dynamic bc we really dont know each other sober. And this past week I’ve been getting cravings and been very depressed with thoughts like ‘we can get some coke or oxys just to have a familiar night together.’ But theres no way I would want to keep that up forever. Anyways, you always give really good advice here. And you seem like you’ve been crushing your recovery so far. Dont let all your time go to waste. Maybe get some distance from your wife for a bit. Find something to keep your mind busy and just get thru today. Its hard to think straight when your upset. I don’t know if you’ve been going to meetings at all. I haven’t but have really been considering them lately bc of this rut I’m in. Maybe talking to other people IRL would help too. Good luck. Dont cave. You got this.

4 Likes

that’s the whole problem is I have said how I feel but I should be helping myself, this app is not helping AA is the wrong thing to do, BTW these are her words not mine, also why label yourself, your gonna be like this forever, I even read her the bb chapter on wives to show her she will feel resentment and anger and jealousy but apparently that’s all brain washing. She is a selfish twat, ignorant and self centred.

1 Like

I know u deal with this often and it’s not gonna help your recovery is there a0 opinion you could get some space from eachother for a while? It’s so hard when u want recovery and not getting the support off the person who should support you at all times x

I brought this up at my last meeting and stayed behind for a chat but today I can’t believe how selfish she is, I’m in shock, I told her you never once complained in 20 years of me being drunk but you seem to have a problem with me being sober. I’ve been in and out the house all day, watched a film put a game on, anything to not lose what I have worked hard for, and all for a load of abuse. THANK YOU EVERYONE.

1 Like

she would laugh at everyone, she’s one of them people who doesn’t even belive in depression. Gotta go, cheers though.

2 Likes

Hi congratulations on 2 months. I was the same at at 2 months I needed to up my game and started meetings they really did help me so much I hope this helps u to maybe give it a try x

1 Like

Stay strong Paul; you give us all so much I hope you can feel all of us giving you strength…~

4 Likes

Stay strong today. You already know what its worth.

2 Likes

Paul fella what’s going on ,this has been on you for well over a week now can I help you at all.

You have to honestly ask yourself Paul is it do or die.xx and that not being dramatic either that’s the cold harsh truth my friend.xxx all my respect to you ,your much stronger than you think .

2 Likes

Hugs Pauly :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

you can’t shock me, I know the reality of the situation, while I was out walking I had the separation conversation all worked out, when I get time to myself I’m going to write the whole process down, I have no where else to live atm and I’m not losing my job and being homeless again. Personally if she thinks I’m selfish then let’s see how she feels about me giving her her time and life back, I’m very good at moving on and putting my past behind me, we are not married so all I would take would be me, my clothes and a guitar. Who really needs anything in life, as the years go by we collect so much shit and it just sits around the house being pointless. Alcohol 2/10. weed 5/10. Bath soon, bed is slowly getting closer.

4 Likes

Hey, so sorry to hear you’re dealing with this. CONGRATS ON TWO MONTHS though…AND for coming on here instead of relapsing. Unfortunately, not everyone is vibrating on the same frequency as us when we get sober. Is there a way to get some space so you don’t put yourself in more jeopardy?? It can be taking your wife a while to come to grips with this new version of you. Also though…if she IS an addict/alcoholic as well and doesn’t want to seek out a sober life, this might be the time that you are starting to recognize the truth of that. Either way, no matter what, you are FAR more able to handle what to do next with a clear and sober mind :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

TBH knowing you are all out there is calming in itself. Thank you for being here when I need you, My HP has got me this far and its been an amazing journey of discovery, I’m not going to over think it and make any hasty decisions bc so far everything has worked out for the best, arguing or not what will be will be. Who knows maybe she will leave me, then problem solved, bc she is still here and she must be here for something or other and I know it’s not for my money or big knob :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

hello and welcome, WOW, that’s a way to break yourself in gentle. :blush::blush::blush:. I’m hanging on my friend and yes do learn from this, it’s all any of us can do. thank you.

2 Likes

thank you, I nearly did this and was gonna go to the coast and go to a bed and breakfast but for now I’m just trying to get to bed time. Oh the joys.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan my friend DM if u need to.

1 Like

@Dolse71 I’m sorry that your are finding yourself in this situation but you have done bloody well in coming here first and ultimately maintaining your sobriety, so many would have just picked up and then posted tomorrow full of regret. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes