Help need reality check

Bless you for sharing this Paul. This is so powerful. You will get through today. Just today. And bit by bit the relationship and hardship will gain new perspective and find a way I hope for you. I wish I had shared yesterday when I was in a similar position going overboard with frustration.

1 Like

They phone will feel as though it weighs a tonne when we are in a situation where we need to reach out for some help or words of encouragement so I understand your not reaching out last night, you know what to do in the future now though. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I know where you live, everyone has been great though, it’s a bit overwhelming.

1 Like

it was close but I did it back to front once before and obviously it was too late by then. its life lessons mate. cheers. :grin:

3 Likes

hopefully you will next time. thank you.

Exactly, we live and learn. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

This reminds me of the situation that I had with my wife last September when she discovered that I was on TS secretly behind her back for 2.5 years.

The thread is here:

My wife found out about TS:

In fact, I have some very good updates to post about this which I will do right now.

2 Likes

Hi guys and gals, situation not great but the day will soon be over so update : Chance of drinking and smoking is now 0/10. Thank you all so much.

10 Likes

Maybe take a few weeks apart. Allow yourself to focus on sobriety and get your head straight. Best of luck.

Good night wee Paul; sleep well~!

1 Like

I’ve been where you are Paul, many times over the past 3 month. Mine made too many promises to quit drinking and never followed through. He finally quit NYE, at least I think so. He tells me he’s not drinking but some actions make me think he hasn’t. Been quite distant until he proves it to me. Hang in there friend hopefully this will pass. :hugs:

2 Likes

So very true A****.

1 Like