Help 🙃 quite lost

I’m 7 months sober …in 15 days I’ll be 8 months sober and I just feel really stuck … I got sober entirely on my own so I don’t have a sponsor… I’m hoping some advice would steer me in a path that makes sense to me . Are the cravings ever going to go away ? I honestly get irrationally angry most times than not . I feel like I’m always crying because I’m so angry . My doctor has prescribed me naltrexone for my cravings but I’m still craving . If not my prescription I replace a habit with a habit . I consume 8-10 energy drinks a day on top of a cup or two of coffee in the morning . We won’t even begin to discuss my anxiety :cry:

5 Likes

Welcome Tierra.
Congratulations on your 7 almost 8 months sober. I was angry forever when I first quit. And I cried a lot. Especially in a hot shower around happy hour time. Because I cannot drink like a normie.

It took me more than 3 years to go to AA meetings. I was afraid to go. But I didn’t know how to act. So I started going. And I like it. Especially the speaker meetings.

I got tons of support here up until then.
Have a good read around. Join in when you’re comfortable. This is a great understanding sober community.
We’re glad you’re here.

Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

I cannot thank you enough for the kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and congratulations to you as well . It’s not easy . Thank you for the support and ideas . It means everything to me

1 Like

Welcome Tiarra :slightly_smiling_face:. I would say that you’re going to have time of anxiety from the levels of caffeine from the energy drinks. I had a run in with bang energy drinks a while back and my mental health suffered severely. Try drinking 100 ounces of water everyday.

Joining a community with others will be very helpful in your recovery, it’s almost impossible alone. Congratulations on almost 8 months of sobriety. Best wishes!

6 Likes

In not very well educated on what energy drinks can do to the human body … so maybe after some research it could scare me away, just that little bit of info was shocking to me . I’ve struggled with anxiety since I was about 12 -13 years old and that’s around the time I started drinking Diet Coke . And I got to be about 15 and was full blown addicted . So why I haven’t connected the dots is beyond me . But thank you for sharing new information with me . I appreciate you !

2 Likes

Congratulations on nearly reaching 8 months sober. What an effort! Given you stated a lack of education around energy drinks, check this out:

Read around, we’re here with you. You’ve got this!

3 Likes

Tierra,

Congratulations on your sobriety… amazing achievement. Please do stay here and read the forums as it will help you stay sober - it has helped so many of us.

That quantity of energy drinks is truly alarming. Please please do some reading on the subject but I’m surprised you can function… it would cause an extraordinary level of anxiety

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: