Help really needing some motivation to get back on track

I’m reaching out because I’m really struggling to quit atm. I’m actually a fitness addict, as well an alcoholic. I’m sure there’s those out there that will relate. But I’m going through a shit time & now started the breakfast bevies to overcome the hangover. I’ve never done this before. I just don’t want to wake up tomorrow & do this again.
I wanna go back to scoring goals in the gym!!
I’m an ex cop, with loads of trauma as well…

4 Likes

Welcome to the community Cat
loads of support here. I find that by surrounding myself with support, making changes in daily routine and keeping myself busy – that i have been able to stack on the days of sobriety.

Here you are not alone - please take some time to review the threads here and jump in when you feel comfortable. The check in thread helps keep us accountable and has a lot of traffic so someone is always available to help out.

Check out the below thread - may be good motivators

Gym selfies, weightifting & fitness

Also have a October fitness challenge coming up
How about October Push-ups Chelenge?

Checking in daily to maintain focus #58

2 Likes

Welcome Cat to the community! Glad ur here :slight_smile: at one point in my “using career” i was also a complete addict to fitness aswell. I lived in the gym and would get incredibly upset if i couldnt work out. Pushing myself to extremes while also treating my body like shit bcuz of the drugs and alcohol i was doing. I totally can relate to ur post. I also have alot of trauma behind me and im sure uv seen ALOT being an ex cop. This is such a lovely forum full of supportive people and i hope u find the support u need here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Cat! Being a disabled military veteran, I understand the struggles trauma can cause. Regarding what you’re doing and what you’re wanting to do, it may be a good idea to change up your routine in some way. Also, whatever your plan is, do your best to stick to it and don’t be ashamed of slipping up if it happens. There’s so much good support in this community so alwways reach out if you need to. It always helps to have some allies in your corner. :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Have you sought professional help for your mental health and to learn coping skills for past trauma?

Yeah of course, I left the force in 2017 & was seen a psychiatrist regularly but he recently retired & my law suit to the cops is coming to an end as well. So I didn’t want to start a conversation with someone all over again with it just too end again

What’s also triggering & why I didn’t get on these apps is when people ask you “have you sought the help” omg that pisses me off!!

2 Likes

Welcome. We are happy to have you. Alcoholic here as well with 500+ days sober mostly due to the support I’ve received on here. It can take a little while to settle in but take what resonates with you and leave the rest.

1 Like