How about October Push-ups Challenge?

I miss our fit chellenges, it was always fun and motivating :slight_smile:
I know you guys looove burpees :wink: but maybe somebody would like to try to make some push ups with me?

Edit: added rest days :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Do wall push ups count? :grin:

3 Likes

They would! I started with wall push-ups

1 Like

I’d like to sprinkle some rest days in there, like every few days :thinking: but I’m down.

@Diamonster @SinceIAwoke @Jesile @Astro @Gorden

5 Likes

Great idea with rest days!

1 Like

Ok then, count me in !

3 Likes

I miss tomi and his love of push-ups. If he’s lurking and reads this I will join the challenge if he comes back

5 Likes

Sounds great! I’ll see if I can finally make it a whole month through one of these.

2 Likes

Hi @Mischa84, I wasn’t convinced in the first place to do push ups but I love the idea of doing the wall push ups :smiley: so please count me in. This is gonna be fun!
Thank you!

3 Likes

I’m in!! I’ve been doing push ups all summer, using my feet instead of knees when it’s series of 10 reps. Let’s see if I can improve with this challenge!

3 Likes

Because this challenge is going to focus on one specific exercise, how about adding a distance challenge for the month also? I’m thinking that it would be self-paced - set a goal for yourself of steps or kilometers or miles per day or per week. The catch is that the distance has to be “special”, something one would not otherwise do. If someone is a runner, this would be extra distance or days, or maybe a walk on an off day. Tracking it for oneself would be fun and rewarding, I think.

:walking_man: :walking_woman: :man_walking: :running_man: :running_woman:

4 Likes

I’m in and will concentrate on form, really good form.

4 Likes

The whole reason I’m willing to do this challenge is because it doesn’t involve my legs :joy: I have a monthly goal of 40 miles running and 20 miles walking. Most months I go over. I’m already at 50 miles ran for this month and still have all of next week.
My goal/plan is to focus on form and trying to do the majority of them without modification.

5 Likes

I’m in! I love this idea. I have been watching the other month challenges, but haven’t joined…
Ready to go especially since this is my soberversary month :blush:

4 Likes

I will catch up with you guys after my neck is corrected or at least manageable. Can’t do over 2-3 right now without my left arm burning and feeling like I’ve done 50 already.

3 Likes

Bumping to the top so everyone remembers they signed on to do this :joy:
I’m looking forward to improving my push-up form :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Hello pushups my dear friends, long time no see.
Day 1 :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Day 1 :white_check_mark: Did after my sunday 5k, which I’ll post after my garmin server gets its life together. I got some really sweet negatives this morning :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

I can barely do one push-up!! :persevere:

2 Likes

You can do wall push-ups or on your knees if you want to join the challenge and give it a go :blush: Everyone starts somewhere. I started with wall push-ups a few years ago

2 Likes