Here we go, One more time

Hey there. This is my first time here in the chat community but I’ve been using this app for quite a few years. I knew I had a problem for a long time but the first time I quit drinking with any length of time was a year and a bit, new years 2019 to February 2020. I relapsed for a month and then quit again for 2 years and a bit. I got married and decided on my honeymoon that I could have some drinks and it’s been up and down since then. Today is umpteenth day ones and it’s exhausting. I thought I’d try this community instead of just counting days. I’ve tried AA but it’s not always feasible to make meetings as I have 4 kids and a lot of driving them around so I’ve found listening to AA group recordings online to help. I’m happy to be here and really hope this time will be my last time at day one

10 Likes

Hello Konrad glad you joined in. I think most of us have had many day ones so try not to focus on that just try and stay in the present moment and not pick upp that first drink. Wishing you good luck and I know you can do this.:facepunch:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

I’m glad you decided to post, the support here is amazing and you deserve to have people that understands what your going through.

It’s nice you joined us :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi Conrad and welcome! :raising_hand_woman:
This could be your last day one ever, how about that! :hugs:
This app and the people in it has helped me to become and stay sober. I came here 2 weeks ore so before my final day one.
I think we all need people around us who understand where we are going trough. My partner doesn’t “get it” no matter how hard he tries. So that’s why I’m here and still am after a few sober years.
The first year I came here every day to check in sober. We have a very active thread here for it, I will share it with you:Checking in daily to maintain focus #64 Feel free to join!

See you around!

2 Likes