Hi everyone I’m a drunk

I really don’t know what to do my drinking is hurting my family and myself.
Im only 2 day with out a drink.
I have to make a change for myself and my kids and wife.

11 Likes

Seems you do know what to do otherwise you probably wouldn’t make such an admission.
It’s how to go about doing what you know to be the best thing to do that you probably need help with.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. For me, spending a lot of time reading and engaging here, going to AA meetings and individual therapy helped me.

2 Likes

welcome, none of us really knew what to do at the start but we all knew what we didn’t want to do and your in the right place for help and advice with that. 2 days is great so well done with that. Don’t rush it, don’t fight your emotions and come here and read lots, when it gets hard, bc it will get hard, come post and get it all out, no egos on here and no judging we can do this.

1 Like

I’m 325 days without a drink regular aa meetings has got me this far

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’m not one to say a whole lot but I really appreciate the support.

5 Likes

3 days is good. Jesus was said to have raised in three days. Recovery and sobriety is yours if you want it and help is there. Google aa meetings in your area would be my suggestion and get there get a sponsor and work the steps.

1 Like

Fancy that I am a drunk too. Nice to meet you.

3 Likes

Welcome! And congrats on day 2 without a drink!! :man_dancing:
Lots of great support here. We have a daily check in thread which you might find helpful. I love it

2 Likes

I’m a drunk 2 bud, this place has a lot of great people and resources.

2 Likes

Thank you . I will check that out.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Wesley :grinning::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Welcome to this wonderful forum. What helps me is reading a lot on here and going to AA meetings. Also, checking in is a great form of accountability. Here’s the link:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

Welcome Wesley,
Recognizing you have a problem is a huge step and you just took that one.
You even did step 2: deciding to do something about it! And there you are: day 2 in your pocket and introducing yourself here on this app.
Congratulations!!
I’m 525 days sober myself, I’m here every day sice my day 1 and that helped me a lot.
I also made myself a sober plan to live by.
If you type in “sober plan” above in the :mag: bar you will find some examples of it.
Reading here is a good one too, there is loads of good info to find on this app. This learned me a lot about my addiction and how to be and stay sober.
I hope to see you around here often!!
67c7034681a691ac3638570bafac2519

1 Like

Welcome Wesley, it’s nice to meet you :wave: this place is brilliant. Stick around and check in daily if you can as this really is a great tool to help on your sober journey. If I can stop drinking gallons of wine every evening for nearly 20 years you can stop too my friend. Well done on taking the first steps, I wish you well :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like