Hi. I’m New Here

Hi. I am only at day 4 and am not going to lie, I’m miserable. Really could use a little support. :pray:

18 Likes

Welcome you came to the right place! It always helps me to know I’m not alone

2 Likes

Hi and Welcome Marie. The beginning of our journey can be a real struggle. You got 4 days. That’s huge!

I did a lot of angry power walking many times twice a day along with a second really long hot shower in the early evening before dinner.

Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I’m glad you’re here, becoming sober is a big step to take. The first days are really hard, you’re doing great to have reached day 4! Read around here, you will find a lot of advice. You can check in daily to the Checking in daily… thread, that is a great way to stay accountable. And reach out if you need, there’s always someone here 24/7.

4 Likes

Welcome Marie and well done on 4 days. This is a great forum to chat anytime you need to. To come here when you have cravings and to get cheered up when you are sad, annoyed or anxious. It’s so good to know not to be alone in this journey. If it wasn’t for this app and these wonderful people I would be so lost in my addiction. Looking forward to seeing more of you :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome! The good news, you only have to go through this once. Relapse is a choice. Reach out if you need help.

You deserve a sober life!

2 Likes

Hi Marie! Welcome to the family, I’m so glad you’re here with us. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi @TMarie9 and welcome to TS! It’s a hard path you’re on at first but the benefits become very apparent very quickly.
What are you doing today to keep you sober? Checking in here a lot could be one thing. :slight_smile:
Wishing you a strong day!

Hi, I know how your feeling , I’m only on my first full day, decided to go out with the girls for a walk get abit of fresh air , give me sumin to do . We got to talking about doing this often and when the pub reopens calling on the way around for a couple, my mind went and I could feel myself telling myself , you may as well give up your not going to last come summer . I didn’t give in to my mind and am still getting through. Was a wake up call to how hard it will be but how we can do this .im here if you need to talk , well done on getting through 4 days, your doing amazing.

2 Likes

I hope you are doing well. Please know you can reach out at anytime. Lots of rest and keep yourself hydrated.

Becky, you can do this. Please know it gets better. Everyday you choose to stay sober your body will thank you. It may not seem like it at first but it will. Take it day by day, minute by minute if you have to. Use the forum, everyone here is amazing and we all have the same goal to stay sober. We do recover. Please feel free to reach out if you want to talk.

1 Like

Im in Day 4 aswell. We can do this :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome!! And honestly, it can be miserable in the early days weeks and months. So you are not alone feeling that. :heart: What is also true though, is we can and do heal and get healthy and live sober lives without the misery and feeling like crap. And when we get there, our lives feel so different than what we have always known. There really is a great big beautiful sober world out there waiting for us to wake up and love ourselves healthy.

You didn’t ask, but I will offer two bits of my own experience…

1. Focus on getting thru today sober. Just today. If that seems too raw and difficult, focus on this minute or this second. Just this moment right here. This moment is your life. :heart:

2. I found it incredibly helpful to keep a list on my phone of why I no longer drink. When I would feel like well…maybe a wee nip…I would read that list. Sometimes over and over and I would come back to this moment, right now and be sober for this moment.

The journey to our healthy healing self can be the most important of our lives. Proud of you for being here and showing up for your self. :heart:

A little motivation and somthing to think about what you have helped you body to allready :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes