Hi im new here ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi everyone I need some support I have no one and trying to not do meth if yโ€™all have any advice let me know Iโ€™m so lost right now

11 Likes

Welcome Silver. Glad you found us.
This is a great clean and sober community for support. Meth was not my drug of choice. But you will find people here that have done some. Have a good read around.
Here are two good threads to start:

Join in when your comfortable.
:pray:t2::blue_heart:

6 Likes

Hi Silver! Welcome to the forum! Even though meth wasnโ€™t my most current DOC, for 3 years meth was basically the only drug I did. I quit meth 16 years ago and never used it again. There are others on here as well that are currently quitting or have quit meth also. We are all here to help :slight_smile: whatโ€™s going on for you right now?

5 Likes

I did meth for more years than Iโ€™m willing to admit and Iโ€™m clean off it for 27 years. We can and do recover. You have to be completely ready and willing to do whatever it will take to get you and keep you clean.

For me that included leaving all kinds of relationships, friend and family. My recovery was more important to me than anything. I went to meetings and got a sponsor. I listened to what people suggested. I read the literature. I journaled. I developed an exercise routine and actually started eating and got to a healthy weight. I saw a medical doctor and a dentist and got honest with them.

In short I did everything and anything I needed to do. I was tired of being sick, being on a drug prowl and always looking over my shoulder.

Stick around. We have what you want and if you want it badly enough you will find it too.

5 Likes

Hi and Welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face:

You dont have to be alone through this, you have found a really caring community so keep posting and reading, reach out especially when it gets tough so your not alone and have some support.

Quite alot of us here dont have support systems in our daily lives.
For me Its just me I dont have a supportive family, or one I see more than a few times a year, I live with my son theres no other adults to speak with or that understand.
Being here is my support system, iv never had so much support in my entire life until I found this lovely safe place to be able to open up and have tons of support.
I dont feel alone because of everyone here :slightly_smiling_face:

For some us who dont have support or any one we have to build or own support systems like participating here and checking in daily, also getting to meetings or professional help.
It takes some time but we can build our own support system, and itโ€™s really beneficial to do this.

3 Likes

Welcome @Ssilver youโ€™re in very good hands here and are safe. These people helped me save my life and they including me will do our best to help you as well. My suggestion is to get as much sleep and rest as possible. Drink only water for a few weeks as any caffeine will antagonize the stimulants still coming out of your body. I was a meth addict along with alcohol for a very long time and thatโ€™s what helped me in the beginning. Keep reaching out, Iโ€™m proud of you!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes