History repeats itself

Back again, after 4 month sober back in 2019 I’ve slowly but surely let alcohol control my life again. Lost my partner, my home and my job. I’m pretty low at the minute so I’ve come here looking for some motivation and inspiration. Hope everyone is good!

13 Likes

Glad you made it back here, so many that dont, sorry to hear that your down at the moment. The topic rings true to my life and its good to be reminded of how close it is to loose it all, just a drink or drug away for me to be completely oblivious to the world. Wishing you well and strength in your recovery my friend.:pray:

3 Likes

It’s good that you’re back, you are not alone.

It’s the slow creep that is bad, it’s so slow is barely noticed until we’re deep within its grip again. Sadly you’ve had that experience, I have too, I’m sure many of us have. That’s the sad truth of it. You can use what you’ve experienced and know what to do this time. Fight it with everything that you have got.

3 Likes

Welcome back! What’s you plan to stay sober?

1 Like

Welcome back!

Thanks for the replies, yeah it’s starts off with a couple of drinks and before you know it it’s black out drunk every night of the week, isolating myself from friends and family because I’m that drunk to do anything else. The last time I went sober I ate healthy, started going to the gym and read a lot on this forum which kept me going. Have you got any other tips?

1 Like

Check these out. I used Antabuse, individual counseling and AA to get sober. I got healthy and went to the gym after I stopped killing myself with booze and cigarettes.

4 Likes

Maybe try ameeting helped me stay sober wish you well

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, had a read through all of this and there’s plenty there to keep me occupied. Day two and feel better already although didn’t sleep too good last night

1 Like

I’ve been looking into online meetings, what’s your thoughts on them

Online meetings helped me during lockdown but nothing replaces in person meetings in my opinion. Building a network of people that I can call or text when needed was key in my sobriety. I didn’t feel a personal connection in the online meetings like I do sitting in a room sharing struggles with like minded people.

2 Likes

They are ok but FTF meetings are better as Lisa says . im old school got sober way before internet ,mobiles , but if it keeps you sober thats fine

3 Likes

Welcome back! I

1 Like