Hobbies/interests

Just wondering what hobbies/ interests do Yee all have what do Yee do or go to when you feel that craving coming on for me at the moment is

Reading
Listening to music
Started playing my son’s Nintendo switch and have started watching a few series on telly

5 Likes

Walking, running, riding my bike, fitness class were my go to in early days…had to move my body and oddly enough so was going to bed and sleeping so I could rest my body. I also baked a lot, puzzles, cleaned, colored, read sobriety forums including this one and sobriety and recovery books, baths, listened to guided meditations and swore a helluva lot.

Here is a great thread on hobbies…

6 Likes

I cooked and baked ALL THE THINGS. I didn’t even care if anyone ate it. I couldn’t be stopped lol. Reading, listening and watching anything and everything I could about sobriety. Getting back into drawing. And Sunday is self care Sunday. I take time to dye my hair whatever color I want, do my nails, skin care routine, buy something special for myself. Even if it’s just a small thing like life savers gummies lol.

4 Likes

Hi, @anon15828629 ! Early on, I listened to a lot of music. This was a favorite…
I think you’d like this from Calm. You can listen to it for free and also get an extended trial to access more!

The Calm app, a favorite. I took a Lot of walks outside, sat on the back porch a lot and watched the birds, read, drank lotsa tea, ate a lot of Cinnamon Fire Jolly Ranchers…wait I still do all these things :grin:
Have you tried any of these?How to beat the cravings - #13 by BirdyP
Happy to be here with you! :raised_hands:t2::people_hugging::heart:

1 Like

I love to crochet.

9 Likes

Iam liking the self care Sunday idea :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I will down load the calm app for a look I love music it has been my go to lately just to relax :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi! New to the app! I’m Julia, my hobby is music and whale watches! I want to be a guide someday!!!

1 Like

For me it’s definitely running, biking, and gym(fitness cardio). I do 5 to 8 hours of intensive sport activities per week. And it helps a lot. Plus reading books and playing games on my PC from time to time.

Reading
Music
Gym
And just recently got myself a camera and am getting into photography

2 Likes

Ooh …this sounds exciting…do share your pictures with us once to capture some

3 Likes

Me too, @JazzyS

Hey love – that’s a great capture Julia. :heart:
thanks for sharing