How can I recognise is someone is a legit person and not a fraud, acting like someone else to get some benefits using manipulation tactics?

Do you really think it’s wise to be chatting with women online when you are only a couple weeks clean from PMO? Maybe it’s for the best if it’s a fake profile?

19 Likes

Yeah,

I’m going to agree with @Englishd on this one.

One important aspect of my recovery is establishing good boundaries for myself. Oftentimes, I lack proper filters and self control when I put myself into particular situations. It would be a boundary violation for me to access many chat rooms and to watch many erotic, triggering movies.

There are so many other healthy things that I can do without crossing my middle circle.

4 Likes

It took me awhile to recognize that I’m guilty of doing exactly this.

I couldn’t understand why women didn’t like me. I was a nice guy. Why would they not choose to be with me?

But I was “nice” to women with the hopes that I would get sex from them. How nice is that?

But I’ve been too caught up in myself to recognize that I wasn’t really genuinely accepting them as people, for who they are at this moment. I’ve not been loving them. I’ve only been loving the sex that they offer.

If that’s not fraud and manipulation, then I don’t know what is.

5 Likes

I don’t consider chatting with anyone to be an activity, which could slow my recovery.
Why would it be a bad thing?
Please let me know.

I’ve been through a lot, when it comes to sexual expression. Watching erotic movies isn’t anything special in my opinion.
Watching it in public won’t trigger me, I know, because I’ve experienced it.

Shouldn’t it be obvious, to value people for who they are and not for benefits we could get from connecting with them?
I don’t necessarily will always be nice, but since it’s good to build a nice first impression, when the chance arises, then it’s obvious that You want to be friendly and confident towards others :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s no helping some ppl, @KevinesKay

2 Likes

Well that’s a bit ignorant, dont you think?

The OP is trying to find out if it’s a genuine person. If they want to find out if it’s a genuine person, surely this is a sign that they’re more interested in the actual person and not just being fed a ton of bullshit and looking solely for sex?

Just because someone is a PMO addict, doesnt mean they are automatically incapable of having a conversation with someone to get to know them and it’s only right that they want to feel comfortable that it’s a real person.

I actually think it’s great that the OP wants to find out more and make sure they’re talking to a real person before investing time and emotion into something that isnt real - Thatd be even worse.

3 Likes

You’ve got that right.
I’m very far from having sex as a goal currently.
I just want to enjoy sober addictionless life and see how far this semen retention thing can get me :slightly_smiling_face::innocent:

Update:

She thinks of coming to Poland for our meeting. She asks about possible flights from Moscow.
We’ll see, if she’ll ask about me sponsoring her travel.
If she will, then I know, that’s a fraud.
I guess I soon will get to know the truth :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Update:

As expected by everyone here - she have written, that she’s short on money and asked me, if I could send her 350 euros :roll_eyes:

These frauds 🙅👎

4 Likes

Well at least you had a mind to think about it. Some people don’t and just go rushing in falling for it.

3 Likes

I was in a similar position before so I obviously wouldn’t fall for the same trick :innocent:

1 Like

I bet she has a 30/40 men at a time she does this too how horrible

2 Likes

I know, that could be possible…

This reality based on money is sick :-1:🙅

Ah that’s a shame. But at least you know now.
I hope you didn’t get too emotionally invested and aren’t upset about it.

Have you blocked her? Don’t get back into any conversation with her, she’ll try to weasel her way back in. These frauds know what they’re doing, but it only works on vulnerable/gullible people.
Always stay one step ahead.

5 Likes

That’s fine… This is exactly the reason why you wanted to find out if she was legit. You did the right thing mate :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You sir, are indeed psychic.
Now send me the numbers for this weeks lotto :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ll keep on writing with her, as long as she’ll write with me.
I’ll keep on trolling her :joy::smirk::smirk_cat:

Oh god no please dont do that.

You’ll only get embroiled in drama. Just cut her loose and find someone worth spending time on.

5 Likes

Mmm… You may aswell not dude. It sucks because you’ve obviously already built some connection with her and its disappointing but this is not going to get you anywhere. You know what shes about, your pride is probably dented and maybe you feel fooled so want revenge?

I’d say dont bother …but you’re going to anyway so…boom

5 Likes