How do you start your mornings? Morning rituals 2021 to present

Today I pushed myself to get back into the gym to keep my head straight after spending time with my daughter having breakfast first. There’s something about working out that empowers me to stay sober, plugging headphones in and zoning out into music and hitting the weights burning off those toxic impulses and fighting off the urge to take another sip even as a random binge drinker such as myself. What do you guys do to get your mornings/days started?

10 Likes

Coffee, morning devotionals, Bible readings and then most importantly do my gratitude list right here on the gratitude thread as well as read everyone else’s gratitude. We got so much to be grateful for when we are sober. And it puts me in a great frame of mind for another sober day.

Then walk the dogs. And then my power walk with my music on.

10 Likes

I start my day by praising the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I pray and then I spend an hour or more reading scriptures and highlighting the ones that stand out to me. This morning I spent 3 hrs with my roommate reading 2nd Corinthians and writing down scripture. Practicing living life through scripture is my goal now. To be more and more like Jesus everyday and build an intimate relationship with him.

9 Likes

I start my morning with medtion and breakfast

4 Likes

I get on here, get centered and go do the work that makes me happy. And damn if I don’t get paid for it too! Good question, Ivan.

4 Likes

That’s a great way for sure to start your day. What type of dogs do you have?

1 Like

makes my quick half a cup of tea and out the door sound a bit lame.

On a work morning I’m generally telling kitty how gorgeous he is whilst being chased around and meowed at for breakfast

10 Likes

Rap music right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Vape, drink coffee and look at memes.

8 Likes

I start my morning by waking up half an hour before sunrise.

I make half a cup of warm water with half a lemon squeezed. I drink this while my heater is warming up my room.

I then make my coffee and take it to my bed to sit and watch the sun rise while I read the check in thread here. I then do 3 pages of journaling which includes a page of free flowing consciousness. A page listing my current goals. And a page of what I am manifesting.

I then either meditate or go straight out for my morning lake walk.

My mornings are what I cherish most. They are calm and mindful :heart:

7 Likes

Coffee, cereal, bellow at son, fail at doing daughter’s hair.

5 Likes
  1. Coffee
  2. Quiet/prayer time with the Lord
  3. Alexa News update
  4. Eat an apple or drink a protein shake
  5. Check in on TS
  6. Start work day
4 Likes

Only when I’m angry :triumph:
Or when I really want to move my ass :rofl:

I too cherish my alone time mornings more than ever. Alone with cats and dogs. Never really alone. When wifey gets up early, not often, I’m like. What are you doing up?! :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Just a couple of rescue mutts.
The old girl Minnie is a 14 year old 40 pound yellow lab mix. I swear she’s got some greyhound in her because she use to run like a greyhound.
And Benson is an 8 year old 25 pound terrier mix.

1 Like

Start my day by showering, taking my fur babies out to do the business, make coffee for the wifey, then do things around the house then chill till I have to do other things throughout the day.

2 Likes

Feed the cat, clean his cat box, enjoy my coffee, read my daily meditations, maybe a short journal, maybe a short run, admire the hills and trees around me, check for any moderating needed here, read my emails, dead head some plants.

3 Likes

My mornings are hectic with my kids nagging me for breakfast and me resistingly leaving my warm bed lol. Then it’s coffee, breakfast for the kids and school run. Back home to drink what’s left of my cold coffee and study or errands. Night time is my ‘me’ time, after 8pm usually. That usually consists of being on this forum, relaxing with a bath or meditation apps or watching a series on Netflix…
A walk in the afternoon with the kids is also my breather and sanity saver.
I always end the night grateful to be going to bed sober and make sure I give thanks for that.

6 Likes

e999df469627df83fbc0536c4fdadadf2c9338f771f1a0e89600c14b813d2151.0

1 Like

Not sure if you had a chance to catch up yet on Lucifer, but 5B is SO disappointing!! I dont know how they failed so epically. All the other seasons are fantastic. This second half of 5 is just cringe worthy. The writing and story lines are just so bad. The acting is cringe worthy and I’m devastated lol. They dropped the ball on this season. Its like the writers sat down for 5 mins and just threw together half bake plot lines :grimacing::smiling_imp::joy: