How do you start your mornings? Morning rituals 2021 to present

There is nothing just about your fur baby’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah I’m 5 episodes in and disappointed. I feared it would be like this but hoped otherwise :frowning: I’m not happy either.

1 Like

Since I do not drink I have an early start of the day. So out of bed by 6 is not seldom.
First coffee
Then TS
Cat cuddling and some surfing on my phone and reading the news.
Shower and going to work (ore doing other stuff when I’m off from work).
I never do breakfast, coffee is my breakfast :smile:

2 Likes
  • alarm at 5.03 am (unless already awake)
  • short exercise period
  • iron shirt for work
  • head downstairs, turn on coffee machine
  • shower and stretching
  • dress
  • make coffee
  • out the door by 6.15 am to catch train and be at desk by around 7 am
3 Likes

I’m up to the bit where Dan is at the bike shop trying to get the head back. Its just so cringe worthy I had to turn it off because I was like whyyyyy am I trying to watch anymore of this lol. So disappointed :joy:

1 Like

Omg watched that episode last night. Poor Dan :joy: it makes sense at the end of the episode. Pretty pointless episode though

1 Like

I do the same thing as you :call_me_hand:t5:

If not that I’ll just stretch on the porch. Enjoy coffee, maybe a cigarette with some neosoul music. Be a lazy cat basically lol. Gotta have off days :orange_heart:

The first thing is do every morning is check my computer to see whether the tasks I scheduled the previous night have completed or not. After that real life starts…

Today I started on a basic AI driven mobile app. Trying to learn new skills. Being middle age, learning new things isn’t easy, but very satisfying.

1 Like

Shower, coffee, meditate, turn on laptop.

Up until a month ago turn on laptop was at number 1. Bad mistake. Moving it has had a surprisingly positive impact on my mornings. It really is the simple things sometimes.

1 Like

Recently I listened to an audio book “Quit Like a Woman.” It suggested created a morning ritual that you enjoy.
Currently, mine is drinking coffee with the cats and watching the news. It has been this for many years. Today I watched the sun come up. It was nice. It is my little quiet time in the AM and the cats are all sweet and cuddly.
I dont like morning meditation because I just fall back asleep.
I was thinking of adding some exercise or journaling to my ritual.
What is your ritual?

6 Likes

I’m about 4 hours in to the 10 hr long audio book right now. Haven’t gotten to that part yet.

I’m a slow riser, I like to take my time in the morning so I wake up early! Between 4 and 5am. I have a cup of half/caff coffee in bed while I check e-mails/ play games/ Tictok on my phone. Then I shower and or wash my hair. Every other day I alternate between a 6:00am AA zoom meeting and Yoga. I eat breakfast while I pack my lunch and a XL water bottle of lemon water with a little Himalayan pink salt. Then I start my 45+ min commute to work and I listen to an audio book during my drive.

3 Likes

Mine is similar. I get up early because I hate rushing. I add in a couple of morning chores to fill the time until I go to work. Maybe text my girls good morning. That helps me too.

1 Like
  • Wake up at 530am. Drink my pre-workout and get ready to workout.
  • Eat breakfast and drink coffee
  • I read a Bible passage off of this app called Glorify which helps me to understand what is being said and how it applies to my life
  • I pray for myself and others and ask how I can be of service today
  • I then go on another app called Recovery Path which is an app to track feelings, thoughts, triggers, etc. It too keeps track of my clean time but I use TS for that more.
  • Go on TS and read up on the check ins and then do my check in
  • At 11am-12pm I go to my online NA meeting
  • Then I take care of my responsibilities, house work, grocery shopping etc
  • I check in on TS throughout the day
  • I always shower or bath at night with lavender and do my skin care routine
  • I always pray while living in bed giving thanks for the day and for another day clean and sober

This is my usual routine I like to stick to, but of course things change. Like when I work on weekends or if there’s appointments etc. But I always make sure to keep recovery focused. There’s certain things I always do no msyer what’s going on. Other things sometimes fall to the wayside like the gym. But recovery 1st! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish i could get a morning routine too ! I have young kids so they make my routine but in the best of the worlds i would love to

Wake up
Make my bed
Start my coffee
Light up encens
Pick a tarot card
Do some yoga ( never did i wish)
And then go walk with my dog
Come back to est breakfast

That would make a awesome routine for me !
I Wonder why i dont try it :rofl: i do some of them sometimes never all of them

2 Likes

My morning ritual, coffee, lots of coffee

Having young kids means minimal me time but coffee and then a shower is always a must. I then always feel ready to face the day

2 Likes

Amen! Glad to know another brother in Christ.

Welcome to this app. Im grateful for it.
Following Jesus isn’t cupcakes and rainbows and you probably already know.
Keep coming back!

LOVE NEVER FAILS :white_heart:

1 Like

I wake up when I want to right now… The blessings of sober living and being blessed with a scholarship for the first month.
So I’m up around 6 am…
Start with MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST daily devotional, then coffee. JESUS CALLING devotional, NA Just for today, then catch up from the day before 31 days Wisdom Challenge and finally my Elijah Study by Priscilla Shirer.
This usually takes me to 9am.
I’ll cook myself a fab breakfast and then browse through this app for about an hour.
I would like to quit cigarettes. God isn’t pressing me yet and I also know the time will come when HE will and I’d like to have released them before he draws me to. Lol…
So a cigarette is infused in there somewhere. And probably a second cup of coffee.

Love you all :heart:

1 Like

Coffee of course.
Luther’s morning prayer. And then some more praying especially for people I know on this forum.
Read a section of Living Clean the journey continues.
Read a few stories from Intimacy In Alcoholic Relationships. I need Al-Anon literature because my wife is an active alcoholic.
My daily One Day At A Time In Alanon.
I read Thought for the day at Thought for the Day | Daily Meditations | Hazelden Betty Ford
And I read Just For Today Just for Today Meditation
Then I do my gratitude list right here on TS. Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery
Then I drop some memes on the meme thread.
Then I go back and read everyone else’s gratitude on the gratitude thread.
And this has kept me sober for 733 days so far.
Staying sober takes work.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Wake up 0500
Make my bed
Meditate for 15 minutes
cycle for a while
make coffee
shower
listen to or read an inspiring biography or passage on self help
start my day

phone and tv goes off at 8pm every night

repeat, repeat and repeat

Anything is better than the alternative hangover and crippling anxiety

2 Likes

First thing in the morning:

Read my Dailybread and devotion
Read daily reflection
Pray
Run to a Meeting…

My daily routine in the AM. Proud 18days by the grace of God. Forever greatful for my high power/ family and especially the sick (Us) in recovery. God is soo good.:pray:t4: