How have your looks improved

I have noticed that the last 4 years of daily drinking the looks of my face have changed for the worse!! Bags and dark circles and puffy face!! Drinking has caused a lot of damage to every aspect of my life but I see the effects in the mirror everyday. Any stories or advice? Thanks

3 Likes

I’ve always been good looking. Humble too.

30 Likes

I look better and healthier now at the age of 30, than I did at the ages of 20-23 in the height of my drinking.

Amazing what happens when you stop regularly poisoning yourself and start eating right/staying active. Regular application of moisturizer was a good idea, too.

6 Likes

I have noticed that my skin has formed up. Most noticeably under my chin. I didn’t have a fatty double chin, more like turkey neck skin. It has tightened up and no more double chin. Yay!!

My eyes are also less puffy.

I still wish I could lose weight. Hopefully come spring I’ll be getting outside and moving more.

7 Likes

Puffiness has left my face, as well as the constant dry skin…although, this weather we’re having here is causing it to be horrible again…

My weight has stayed consistent, but that’s also because I’ve been better about meal prep and working out, all things I was awful at when drinking.

5 Likes

Much less puffy overall. Brighter eyes and healthier soft skin. My tummy sure feels better too.

4 Likes

Yeah, my stomach is another thing. When I was drinking, be it one beer or 10, it threw my digestive system into a shock and I’d have the worst aches/pains/stabby stabs for a few days.

1 Like

Once you quit, you’ll start seeing a difference. You’ll be hydrated, you’ll sleep better, your intestines will heal which is important to skin health too, it’s really great stuff all the way around!

6 Likes

I swear I had the puffiest face ever when I was drinking, when I look back at the photos it’s astonishing- I look like a totally different person!! And yes, the midriff bloat is much better too :pray:

2 Likes

I have a hard time seeing pictures of myself back when I was drunk…I am so vacant and bloated. Hard to see, but important.

7 Likes

Vacant is a great word! I can see a major different in peoples eyes now that I never noticed before where I can tell if they are under the influence of something and vacant is exactly it.

2 Likes

My advice is to quit drinking :grimacing: lol. I can always spot a drinker now… the skin, gut and rotting breath is what I notice first. Most of it is reverseable. Hydrate, rest and nourish your body. Exercise too :muscle:

8 Likes

You’re so right. Even within a few weeks of quitting people were telling me how good I looked- your body thanks you immediately for not poisoning it anymore!

3 Likes

Me too, but i keep those pics as a reminder. Not only the over all looks was forrible but the eyes! There was no sparkle, no life. Just emptiness, not even pain or sorrow. Just empty :no_mouth:

1 Like

Yes, I keep them as well. I cringe every time I see them, but they remind me of the past, which is best left in the past. That party is OVER.

3 Likes

I was very red in the face the cheeks exspesh I have damaged my veins under the skin as I was always really hot wen I drank and after. This is getting better I’m much less red and I don’t run on hot which is so uncosy. I had a pot belly that’s getting smaller and looked bloated I look and feel so much better and I’m 24 days sober x

5 Likes

I’ve lost 40 lbs, have put on muscle, am leaning out all over, dry, flaky patches on my face are gone, and when I shave I don’t look like I lost a fight with a mountain lion.

My friends tell me I look 10 years younger.

8 Likes

I’m getting worse looking definitely

I used to look in the mirror and think I was alright. Now I don’t :joy:

But in all seriousness I’ve started to get moobs now I’m sober which is strange

2 Likes

Here is a thread called “Show me your transformations” (I don’t know how to link it 'cause I’m on my cellphone). There you can see some awesome improvement :kissing_heart::blush:

I’ve lost 20 pounds since I quit. My face slimmed down. People I haven’t seen in a while comment on how good I am looking. And all my old clothes fit!

1 Like