How have your looks improved

I always gotta copy n paste but heres the thread: Show me your transformations!:

1 Like

How long did it take for everyone to see significant changes? I feel like Iā€™m noticing a few positive things but Iā€™m only on day 10.

1 Like

Have not lost my beer belly yet after over 2 years

1 Like

I be lost my beer belly and Iā€™ve been told my face is thinner.:grin:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s different, some ppl see differences after one month, I saw differences after 4-6 months or so.

2 Likes

Are you eating more sugar that before? I noticed that effects me like crazy too.

2 Likes

Day 29 here from weekly binge drinking.

I have this dry patch on my face that flares up sometimes. It comes and goā€™s but seems to go quicker and I manage it with petroleum jelly. My face used to be puffed up the morning/day after but now itā€™s far more clearer. I have lost a couple of pounds and I still get the odd pain in my side but thatā€™s only started yesterday. My hands are really dry at the moment, I am putting this down to a soap that I donā€™t usually use. Certain foods bloat me like tonight I had rice.

1 Like

Well, my face is no longer sunken in and I no longer look like Iā€™m on the verge of death so thatā€™s a plus. Furthermore Iā€™m in the best shape of my life.

3 Likes

I honestly donā€™t know when it happened it just appeared one day. Iā€™m currently at 79 days but this isnā€™t my first go round. I noticed my skin changes this time last year and I would have been at about 30 days then. For my skin it wasnā€™t JUST not drinking thoughā€¦I was also taking better care of myself both inside (diet and drinking water and taking vitamins) and outside (shea butter and rose hip oil).

2 Likes

Its taken me just shy of 5 months sobriety to really notice a difference in my appearence. Before I just looked like a junkie. Imagine a junkie. Thats what i looked like. I also looked quite homeless.

Now, Ive got colour back, still get the eye circles mostly down to fatigue and caffeine and cigarettes, I guess and oddly I havent gained any weight. But otherwise, im much healthier looking than I was

2 Likes

I donā€™t think I really see a difference in myself since I quit drinking. The weigh is staying out besides even changing my diet to low carb, but if I dig deep I look more consistent of a sober person than times of redness and puffiness in the face. Hopefully Iā€™ll see more changes soon. It would be a big boost to keep going. Almost to day 50.

1 Like

At first I gained weight. Iā€™m now down to where I want to be. Now I need to tone and put some more muscle on (personal choice).

Maybe its just in my mind but it feels like I heal faster if I get a cut. Could be Iā€™m actually eating and getting the vitamins I should.

2 Likes

30 days for me, but I switched my obsession from drinking to health stuffā€¦ working out, supplements, etc. Depends on how well you take care of yourself after you quit.

6 Likes

I wish I could do that, I find myself eating more junk. Day 4 no drinking, so I will take it one thing at a time

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely looking better, clearer skin, brighter eyes, better hair condition, Iā€™m so much more happier with my looks

1 Like

Oh I had my moments lol

And you have gained a nurses uniform!:joy:

1 Like

I actually was a homeless junkie :joy::joy:

Me too! :slight_smile:

Warscars mate Iā€™m the same :+1:
Iā€™m on 493 days but whoā€™s counting lol