How is everyone today

Been on my trial day for my new job today and i start in four weeks. My anxiety has gone off now am eating lots off food constantly hungry witch is good. Feeling very happy almost 15 days soba bring on another sober weekend with my loved ones.

14 Likes

Hi @Steviefoster . Sounds like your trial day went well if you are starting in 4 weeks ā€¦ well done! Everyone gets anxious starting a new jobā€¦ but better doing it soberā€¦ keep it going mate :grin:

2 Likes

Congratulations on the new job! And your sobriety :sunglasses:

1 Like

Trying to get used to my new meds which are making me feel funny. Regretting therapy later because I went on a special bender over the weekend and pissed off the wife again. Trying to find strength somewhere.

1 Like

Thats another reason why i want to stay sober i might actually be able to hold on to a decent relationship. Hope things get better. Yea i have had to hand my notice in at my job now witch is 4 weeks. I was really suffering with my anxity as i have just come off my meds i have been on cor 8 years and giving up the drink also been a massive challenge

Look inside of yourself for that strength not not around youā€¦you got it in there, just have to let it outā€¦be well.

1 Like

Congratulations on getting the job Stevie. Plus for you, and more incentive to stick with it.:grin:

1 Like

Thanks guys means alot

What the fuck is wrong with meā€¦
I get an extreme amount of stress and feel overwhelmed and my natural impulse is to say ā€œFUCK ITā€ and literally fuck up my own world in any self destructing way possible.
Literally filled with anger right now and itā€™s pointless. Iā€™m sick n tired of being this person. Bc in the end Iā€™ll just hurt everyone I love.

1 Like

I know the feeling and i know how hard it is but you really need to find another way of letting out your anger reaching for the bottle and getting pissed out our brains only hold the anger in then your 20 times worse you dont get rid of whats inside.try going to a meeting or hitting the gym or running something to get them endorphins going. Your the only person who can change who you are or who yoh wanna be

1 Like

My flight or fight response is to self destruct. Like a petulant little child not getting his way. Itā€™s fucking tearing my life apart

1 Like

You need to find someone close out of the drinking environment some one you can talk to when your like this if your on your own. Your going to be your own worse enemy

1 Like

Hey pal, Do you ever meditate? It has really changed my life. I listen to this one often: https://youtu.be/wm1t5FyK5Ek

3 Likes

Ok I know this sounds kind of stupid but it works for me. When I get raging I make myself come up with ten slang words for vagina in my head and either I think of one that makes me giggle or by the time I get to ten Iā€™ve calmed a bit. Sorry if thatā€™s inappropriate lol

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to try that.

2 Likes

No I hardly ever take time to sit quietly. I am doing self reflecting right now but not meditating

1 Like

Iā€™m with a sober friend right now and Iā€™m at the inpatient rehab doing paperwork.

1 Like

Itā€™s worth a try. I like guided meditations. Three are many on YouTube or free apps. Daily meditative meditation really helps my moods generally and also is a good go-to wheni am upset.

2 Likes

im so sleepy today and my heart hurts and eyes toošŸ˜£

1 Like

I need it bc if I donā€™t watch my anger Iā€™m gonna wind up dead or back in prison.

1 Like