How many days y'all? (Part 1)

1,333 Days

:first_quarter_moon_with_face::snowflake::last_quarter_moon_with_face:

9 Likes

Happy day 3
Good morning people, another day sober, trying to stay focused

11 Likes

Wish you the best. I’m on my 3rd day, too.
Keep staying strong :slight_smile: :muscle: :sun_with_face: :sunflower:

10 Likes

Welcome to the Talking Sober (TS) community! It’s such a wonderful resource for all sorts of support, information, and connection. It sounds like you have a good game plan in place for yourself. Hope to see you around and engaging!

4 Likes

Yep, with help from this community we are making it! I am on day 4 and counting!

7 Likes

Rock on Katie! The beginning is difficult so do keep checking in.
:clap: :muscle:

2 Likes

Im 124.65 days sober

11 Likes

Keep up the great work

10 days sober. Last week met a young man who voiced 8 years and 15 days sober. I immediately thought to myself surprised he did not add 4 hours 30 minutes and 15 seconds. When I celebrated 8 days. I asked God for forgiveness and said sorry to myself for mocking this person while he is truly rejoicing. Let me just say when I hit 8 years 15 days sober you bet I am going to hours, minutes and seconds.

To all celebrating years, months, days, hours and minutes …Big Congratulations! Personally I know how hard it is to stay sober.

5 Likes

11 days and feeling proud. Not made it this long before without relapsing. Taking it 1 day at a time. Trying to keep busy and creating new routines and structure around the time I would normally sit down with a few drinks each day.
Well done everyone - whatever stage you have reached keep on going!

7 Likes

9 Likes

The beginning will always be more difficult! You’re making an extreme transition. You literally just quit something you’re completely addicted to. You’re having tons of cravings. You’re either having tons of nightmares or you can’t sleep at all. You’re trying to start your life all over again. You feel lost. You feel alone. You’re depressed. You’re anxious. You have to learn healthy coping skills. You have to make sober friends. You feel extremely sick. You have to find a therapist. You have find a psychiatrist. You have to start medication. You have to find support groups. You have to find a recovery coach. I mean, I could go on & on. You understand. I don’t like when elders tell newbies that it gets harder later on! I remember hearing that in meetings & it didn’t help me at all! It scared me. Here I was going through hell & someone was telling me that everything was gonna get worse later on. Not only is that not true, but it did the opposite of motivate me to stay clean. It made me feel hopeless & defeated. I felt like I had nothing to look forward to. I’m always so, so proud of newbies, especially when they hit 30 days. Now, that’s truly amazing. 24 hours is harder than 24 years. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

@tailee17 10 day
@Ellie35 1 days
@JayP 13.27 days
Absolutely amazing work guys!!! It truly is one day at a time and you are making great progress. I totally agree with @XXIX that the beginning is the most difficult (although I guess I’ve never made it this far before – just know that even at 5ish months it is so much easier than the first few weeks). Now I do have more tools to assist me with my recovery – have new routines (figured out how to survive without my doc’s)
Wz0H

5 Likes

3 Likes

@JazzyS I use to argue with a female coworker and she calls me by phone to discuss some things of the work or my attitude and it’s really difficult for me not loose my patience, I try hard but most of the time I become nuts and afterwards I feel miserable

1 Like

Oh man – that’s rough.
I’ve been in similar situations and honestly I had to leave the job all together as everyone was causing me distress.
Are you able to talk with someone else or is she part of your particular team?
Can you communicate via emails instead of having to talk with her?
I’m sorry that she is making you feel miserable - remember that you are working on you and she is not worth losing your sobriety over.
It may be helpful to figure out how she triggers you and if you are able to do word or visual associations with those triggers. Ie. Listen to something funny or a nice upbeat song when you have to deal with her so that you are in a happy place.
Also - when she starts arguing, don’t engage. Even if she is in the wrong, just don’t let her push your buttons. Say agreeable things and try to end conversation before it escalates. It will take time to get here fully but gotta start somewhere. She may be the type of person that feeds from an argument :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Day 11 sober and I read the liver begins to heal. I think I hear it shouting Let ye be healed. Have a great day everyone.

10 Likes

@JazzyS thank you for the excellent advices, I hope to follow the words you addresed to me.
She is in my particular team. I am a kind of calm guy and I don’t do too much questions and I am not a planner, but she question almost everything and has the power to put me on my nerves. I know I have to be quiet and not answer back but it’s difficult in the first stages of recovery

1 Like

Thomas - I can totally understand where you are coming from and how triggering that situation can be. I am sorry that you are having to deal with this woman so closely. It is very difficult to hold your tongue or turn the other cheek as they say especially so early on in recovery. I know i’m still struggling with this – being a Sagittarius I am very head strong :rofl:
I have someone close to me with whom I get into conversations that somehow end up making me feel like shit and then we argue (I have in the past year started to just sorta stop listening if you will when the conversation starts to turn) - i’m still listening but not absorbing her words - meaning I’m hearing her but not taking it personally so I don’t feel attacked and therefore don’t need to defend myself.
You are at day 16 my friend — 1/2 way to your 1st 30 – Doing fantastic and making so many changes for the better. Wishing you the best of luck in dealing with this woman.

1 Like

Day 12 today of no alcohol. I don’t mind so much to look in the mirror. Puffiness and dark circles still a sign of how unhealthy I had become. I really have turned to this website for inspiration and education on what I am going through and what I get to expect in the future days of my sobriety journey.

I just stumbled upon TalkingSober searching for first days of sobriety.

7 Likes