How many days does everyone have? Don't be shy #2

41 days, Linds. Loving your work. I’m on 21 at the moment. Loving every minute of it.

4 Likes

Day 23 today for me. Way to go to everyone!

7 Likes

This is my 2nd Day 5 of 2021, but my first full weekend of no alcohol in I don’t know how long.

4 Likes

Great job you clearly care about your recovery keeping track of everything as you did bear. I have a lot a faith you can do jt the drugs are the death of us we all can take control a say at a time a min at a time. Keep up the great work man. Proud to see you so happy. Very important!!

5 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Checking in daily to maintain focus #26

Can anyone offer tips when they are really feeling like throwing in the towel and having a drink because things feel so lonely right now and it seems like no one would even know if I did or didnt drink. I am missing a sense of freedom in lockdown (like I know we all are) and working such long days (like many of us are too). I feel so unhealthy this way. And I don’t know if any menstruators have found this but I am bleeding a lot more during Covid? Longer periods, over 7 days, and heavy enough to bleed onto furniture which has been a nightmare and humiliating. My body is cheating me again and again. Anyway, I miss the blur of not having to look at myself in the mirror because I am too busy and now I have to see myself and face the fact that I’m stagnating. I know we’re all going through hard times, and I’m lucky enough to finally get this new job after a long time searching. But I am worried, I feel tired, my willpower is spent and I don’t know where to turn. My boyfriend, understandably goes to bed about 3 hours before I do, and he doesn’t like it when I text him my concerns anyway, I’m only allowed to raise things on a phonecall. Which I know makes sense for best ‘communication’, in terms of the likelihood of us both understand the interpretation correctly. BUT it also means, I return to the familiar feeling of nowhere to go when I am always up late searching for an antidote to how I feel. Someone has suggested AA to me so I think i’ll go to a zoom tomorrow night. I wish not drinking didn’t have to unravel all other issues - I really need to stay healthy eating, but binging has crept up on me, like I want to give myself nice things to distract myself from drinking. But, I can’t keep doing that, its making me low. Anyway, wishing everyone a positive week - I’d love as always any good books; movies; music; podcasts on any of this. How erratically things can shift in lockdown! I was fine an hour ago!

1 Like

look as hard as you like at that picture bc you won’t see me,
I’m not on the piste anymore. Boom boom!!!
Exit stage to the left :pensive:

5 Likes

Grateful and Blessed to be at day 710

4 Likes

45 days for me !

5 Likes

I feel you I’ve had quite a few of those day recently as well. I like to listen to a lot of lo fi instrumentals when I have those feeling the music soon calm and soothing. Have a great week as well. Stay strong :muscle:

1 Like

Day 347! :raised_hands:t3::muscle:t3:

10 Likes

Getting thru that first weekend is huge congratulations to you for sure!

Bye for now…

2 Likes

Have you read This Naked Mind, by Annie Grace? It really helps me. There is also a podcast if you need something more instant.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Happy day 25! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Going to try this thank you so much :blush:

3 Likes

5 Likes

68 days today! Super proud of myself. It hasn’t been easy. Plus I got engaged shortly after getting clean and have a stepson now.

5 Likes

Wow your killing it!

1 Like