How many days does everyone have? Don't be shy #2

33 days of Peace

6 Likes

220 days! Feels good to see that number, though it frankly feels like it should be moreā€¦ Perhaps because sobriety is now a default for me? I mean, it now feels like Iā€™ve been sober, like, forever. :smile:

To all those just starting out, weā€™re with you! Keep going, one day at a time. When you need strength, weā€™re here.

7 Likes

Yesterday was a tough one. I had a flare up on my IBS and it just threw me into a mental tailspin. I hurt so bad I was lashing out, which, in turn, made me cry more.

Yesterday I wanted to smoke a joint so bad, but i didnā€™t.

I havenā€™t had a craving for alcohol for some time now, but the cannabis is constantly on my mind. I can lie to myself so easily about it. In truth, I do feel physically/mentally better without it.

Today is better. Much better. Minimal pain and the urge to smoke is almost nonexistent.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Today is day 40 for me. I feel fantastic.
The only other period of sobriety in my adult life was around three years ago when I went about three months without alcohol. That felt completely different because it was kind of enforced by an inspection at work (I am a teacher) which I would not have been able to get through whilst drinking. My anxiety was off the charts. It was a real struggle and relied heavily on my willpower, which it finally got the better of once the inspection came and went.
This time though, it feels different. Apart from one or two little wobbles (which have subsequently managed to strengthen my resolve), it has been pretty straight forward. I am focusing much more on the positives and feeling more like I no longer have to drink rather feeling like I am depriving myself of drinking. I am much more aware of how much more freedom I have, and of all of the other positives. This means that I can keep my willpower in reserve, fully charged up, for the odd occasion when I need it.
I am really enjoying it. :boom::muscle:t2:

11 Likes

4 days feeling good and worried. One minute at a time

8 Likes

Did a weeklong taper so 2 last night.

7 Likes

I have been sober for 1,186 days

12 Likes

452 days. Confidently sober, but cautiously aware of how close to the cliffā€™s edge i still am.

12 Likes

Definitely a neat number to capture. Staying humble, staying grateful. There, but for the grace of God go I. :heart:

16 Likes

Today is day 96 and tbh Iā€™m kinda proud of my self.:blush:

12 Likes

103 - Gambling and cocaine
192 - Cannabis
195 - Benzos
502 - Alcohol

13 Likes

Day 62 for me. Didnā€™t think Iā€™d get to 2 weeks, let alone 2 months

12 Likes

11 Likes

Day 11 sober . I thought I couldnā€™t make it . Happy of being sober

13 Likes

Day 230 today, they are still flying by. Still living and being thankful for every hangover free wake up.

14 Likes

9 days. First time ever seriously trying. So scared Iā€™m going to take a drink.

16 Likes

90 days today and itā€™s been a rough 90 days.

8 Likes

Day 48 and going strong! :muscle::100:

9 Likes

Day 198ā€¦

I always think Iā€™m one day closer to never picking up againā€¦
Never would I thought I could achieve such a number, Iā€™m alive and Iā€™m here staying clean for me.

12 Likes