How many days, months, or years have you been clean and sober?

Yes I drank everyday. The moment my eyes opened in the morning I thought about my next drink. Right now my whole life is consumed by drinking or fighting to not drink. I have terrible anxiety right now as I’m about to leave for work and have to deal with the consequences of taking 2 sick days off. It’s a bitter pill to swallow especially considering I’m in management.

3 Likes

Me to my anxiety is what makes me drink I’m also an ever day drinker been dealing with this for 17 years

3 Likes

Drinking will take away the anxiety but it will bring it back raging stronger than ever before and coupled with guilt and shame. I read somwhere on here that recovery is uncomfortable. Very true. I read a whole book yesterday. Watched documentaries on alcohol.

4 Likes

Why does everyone say drink lots of water durning quiting

3 Likes

Alcohol is a diuretic so you lose a lot of body water and electrolytes when your drinking. Which is what gives us the headache. Good luck @helen. I’m off to work to face my consequences :confused:

4 Likes

435 days today!

19 Likes

5 months in a few hours🐢

11 Likes

212 days no alcohol and 262 days no cigs and 12 no caffeine…yippee

21 Likes

150 days in 1 hour :grin:

12 Likes

I am 61 days alcohol free today, feeling good.

8 Likes

On day two.

After 781 days sober, I slipped, got back on for two months, slipped, got back on for a month and then slipped again. It’s really hard to get back to the way I felt at my two year soberversary. I just joined this site today and will check in daily. I love sobriety and my slips weren’t about drinking. They were about feelings I need to figure out. Self sabotage. I’m back on my journey and I know I can do it.

18 Likes

2 years 10 months and 11 days. Its kinda funny to see peoples faces when you tell them you don’t drink. I wouldn’t be where I am without AA in the beginning. A strong support structure makes a huge difference.

15 Likes

:star:I have been sober four days​:star:

16 Likes

275 days free from opiate hell.

18 Likes

I respect your honestly and admire your strength.

1 Like

Day2 again

9 Likes

Good luck, Laura.

37 days without clonazepam. 59 alcohol sober. And last weekend I just broke off my sans cocaine period of almost eight months ): But I won’t fall again, that’s why I got this app.

Thanks for reading, if you do.

11 Likes

Hy Collie would you like to share the name of the book With us? Thanks a lot

8 and a half days! Seems to be getting easier, but the urges are still there :worried:

12 Likes

Seven days,yesterday with big ansiety, today criying but more determined and capable than ever.With the people of this group I feel I can archive it.:muscle::muscle::muscle:

5 Likes