How many days y'all? (Part 1)

IMG_0345

1 Like

New User here, 64 Days today and just wanted to say thanks for adding me :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Congratulations on 64 days🙂! Welcome to the group

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Jason

Great work on your 64 days of sobriety :muscle::raised_hands:.

2 Likes

Thanks guys I’m just trying to find a sober community. And I love this app so it seems like a good idea for a time lol

6 Likes

This is a wonderful community for sure - take your time to read around the threads and jump in when you feel ready. A few of my absolute favorite threads:

Checking in daily to maintain focus #59
and
Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Hope to see you around!

4 Likes

Yesterday by the Grace Of GOD I made my 18 month mark Clean and Sober and I thank everyone in the community for support and encouragement love you all :purple_heart::100:

7 Likes

Not even 48 hours, honestly I’ll probably break it tonight too

5 Likes

I made it to another milestone! Very happy :grin:

14 Likes

welcome to the community Eddie Stick with us my friend – read around – we are here to support you. You are stronger than this addiction :muscle:

2 Likes

@teddybear 18 months and @caspio 14 months of sobriety is amazing work :muscle:

source

5 Likes

I didn’t break it.

8 Likes

Oh this was lovely to read! So much support here my friend. Lean on us when your urges get strong. You are among friends here. :hugs:

4 Likes

I also drink when I’m bored and I’m military law enforcement and play rugby I’m always surrounded by it

4 Likes

Bored does suck – idle time is worst for the urges to fester. I try to make sure i am busy with work, cleaning, hobbies (puzzles, knitting…etc), spend a lot of time on this site reading etc.

I can understand how being surrounded by it all the time is difficult. Have your go to non alcoholic drinks on hand and always have one in hand when hanging out (if you are unable to skip the hang out sessions after a game etc).

It is not easy (especially at the beginning) but it can be done. Best of all - this site is active 247 so someone is always around to help.

4 Likes

You don’t have to Eddie. Maybe catch a meeting? A walk or something different than the same ol shit is my recommendation. You don’t ever have to use/drink again man.

3 Likes

I was told meetings can be counter productive and get you into other habits

2 Likes

62 days free from alcohol and lorazepam :koala: :two_hearts: :black_cat: :heart: :kangaroo: :partying_face:

6 Likes

WOW!!! Soooo good :tada:

2 Likes

Awesome! You are 6 days ahead of me! Keep up the great work!! :black_cat:

3 Likes