How many people are in the Medical field?

Thought it may be a good idea to convene and share what is going on at our facilities and centers.

1 Like

I dont have the exact number but I there are a lot of people in the medical field. 1 million maybe? :grin:

Hello there! Marking myself safe from the coronavirus (for now) I’m a medical assistant in California. Our facility has taken measures to control the influx of people wanting/needing to be screened. We 1st triage patients before they get in the building, if they have traveled and or experiencing symptoms they are checked in but sent back to there cars, then an MD will call them for further questions and go from there. Stay safe out there!

2 Likes

I should have asked how many Karate senseis we have😀

3 Likes

Besides we are going to need you guys when all the boards start a uprising😀

1 Like

I’m a public health worker (care manager) focusing on clients with SUD, HIV and SMI. Under guidance from the NYS DOH we have suspended face to face visits. Our syringe exchange and drug user health hub (Suboxone, etc) will remain open for now.

1 Like

Healthcare professional here too. My little guy is off so I need to take time off and work from home when I can. Doing phone calls/video/email as necessary with patients. I don’t work in urgent care. Pre-screening my patients by phone if seeing in person

2 Likes

Health care here also. Travel to a lot of southeastern hospitals. Getting to see how different places are doing business

1 Like

Mental health nurse in a residential setting (old folks with double or triple diagnoses) in The Netherlands. Policy is changing almost daily at the moment. Right now visitors are strongly advised to stay away. Unless really urgent, like there’s a lady dying now and her family is in. What I miss is a policy on residents going out. Government advises vulnerable people to avoid gatherings and public transport, but the folks that live with me that are able to go out by themselves don’t understand and don’t adhere to these rules. But I can’t stop them right now. I just sent some urgent memo’s to the managers and my colleagues about this. If corona enters the facility we’re fucked big time.

2 Likes

So we have the south east, the north east, west coast, and the UK so far. There has to be more.

Our nursing homes are completely no visitor at this point. Hospitals aren’t far behind.

We should have already. I just get a message from a colleague there’s a probable case of corona one floor above mine. Fuck.

1 Like

Do you have testing kits readily available?

Municipal health service does yes. Doctor calls them, they come by and do test.

2 Likes

Oh no… are you and your colleagues going to get tested? That sucks it may be that close to you Menno.

I’m not directly in the medical field but I work in the social services field with vulnerable people who have a combination of intellectual disabilities and mental health issues. We wont be out of work as they need 24 hour supervision. But so much of our province is shutting down right now. It’s kind of scary.

2 Likes

I’m not sure. It’s close to midnight here. I have the day off tomorrow. I guess my manager will contact me or I will contact her.

1 Like

Omg that is so scary :frowning: hope u all stay safe and well

1 Like

Ok, I hope and pray you stay safe and healthy…
You’re 5 hours ahead of me; 6:38 pm here.

1 Like

We just need to make sure we are taking safety measures to slow the spread of the virus. Reduce contact, and wash your hands frequently. Overloaded hospitals is what will kill more people.

2 Likes