How often did u try moderation before realising it wasn't working? (if that is ur situation)

Did you have to reset since your last Zoom with us??

1 Like

Nope💕, day 71

2 Likes

Oh PHEW your scared me!! LoL

1 Like

I made this thread in January

:joy: you did! Don’t you love it when the posts get dug up?

1 Like

Moderation I have never learned how to do

I started drinking too you. I was very irresponsible. 1st drink was crown royal. My first drunk was a blackout.

I thought I knew it all but all I knew was get messed up

I always tried heroin moderation by saving the elusive morning bag. Unless I was buying in bulk it never worked out and I’d always be dope sick by lunch

3 Likes

Dang buddy! Good to see you posting often :muscle:

I’ve tried moderation on and off since March. I thought of it as cutting down, having less binges, etc. But I still binged, had to fight temptation and put more effort into thinking about that 1 or 2 drinks (and stopping) than it’s worth. Sobriety is easier than that extra stress in my life.

4 Likes

Your story is the closest to mine and very real. Thank you for this post.

1 Like

Hi Bibi. Welcome.
Great to see you reading around. There are plenty of topics on here to help you gather as much information as you can. Some old some new

Stick around join in when you feel like it.

1 Like

I have done the same for the Last year, and Surprisingly no one noticed until I got hospitalized. I’m good at faking and thats a double edge sword.
Of course I started drinking with moderation after 6 months of sobriety. One cocktail a week or two with friends… But then, you know how it grows. Moderation doesn’t work even for me.
I would love it, but I’m an addict. Not possible. Noooope

1 Like

It was a thing I thought about,

I used to drink to get blackout drunk, I stopped when the bar closed down, or I couldn’t buy booze.

It took a downhill turn when I started drinking to avoid emotions, fear anxiety depression, or as a stress reliever, because I experienced those things daily, then I drank daily.

Could I ever turn to moderation? That was my goal, but I don’t think the risk vs reward for me is worth it.

2 Likes

Moderation was just me lying to myself over and over again. I didn’t even believe I had a problem and could quit whenever I wanted, until I tried to quit. Now that I’ve accepted I have a problem and have to put it (cannabis) down for good, I’m almost 30 days sober and anxiously waiting to test negative at my next chemical dependency education class.

6 Likes

Come to think of it, I tried moderation as well. It was (to say the least) a catastrophic failure. So, when I started my sobriety, I told myself that I wouldn’t moderate a damn thing.

1 Like

Hell, if I had a damn clue how to moderate, I would not be counting days on an app.

I have made a ton of mistakes over and over again in my life. So far, moderation is not a mistake that I had to make more than once. When I stopped drinking the first time, I made it 6 weeks. I had a glass because I thought, “Just one won’t hurt.” About half way through the glass, I knew that I had just lied to myself. At the same time, I think I got to know “the addict me” a little better over that glass of wine.

5 Likes