How special is TS ⭐

Thank you! Same! :smiley:
I’m also not on there nearly as much as in the past. And will probably not increase frequency now…

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment Void

What’s the YA writing world? Sorry I’m pretty ignorant sometimes.

Well noticed about jez though, now that I think of it, it probably has to do with people’s egos and that they think of themselves as eloquent and good writers, that their stuff also has this certain effortless poignant ironic quality, which also attracted me. I noticed in my own reading I’ve grown even further away from showoffy writers and the whole meta writing about writing stuff. More towards humane and universal subject matter I guess. Maybe that’s to do with that aswell, that jez and I don’t have that much in common anymore.

I must admit that this place saved my life. I love this place and all of the wonderful folks on here. I think all of the mods are fantastic and do a very good job at stopping ‘knob heads’ if and when they appear. I don’t really do social media, I have a small IG account but other than that you guys ARE my main and only support group. If I wanted to be kicked down and disrespected I just get back in touch with my horrible older sisters lol. Thanks for this place @Robin and thanks for this post @Faugxh! I value you on here you are an amazing support to so many, ignore the ‘knob heads’…in my experience they will get back what they sow ten fold :+1::two_hearts::two_hearts::pray:t2:

5 Likes

Thank you for your very kind words! :pray:
Another difference is obvs that subject matter here is mostly very personal. Maybe it’s easier to be respectful and beware of boundaries when it’s about another person’s life, and to just support their well-being. I wonder if it wasn’t possible to extent this same attitude towards people in discussions about things and topics, though. But then I guess other motives become more important than looking out for one another or even explaining, like looking smart or sounding cool or whatever. But I wished it was possible. Will do my best to be mindful of it. #codependent lol

3 Likes

Thank you Lisa, it feels good to hear that!!
I always look out with anticipation for that wee beach symbol as well, and some others! :smiley::heart:

2 Likes

God. Well I’m happy you didn’t descend into that! I react badly to unkindness and furiously to bullying so if I’d have been on Reddit, I’d probably be dead now. :flushed: Glad we are both here and not our own worst case scenarios!

2 Likes

If I may ask, Sophia, how did you find these FB groups? Are they also recovery based or just pure luck?

1 Like

just don’t go on it then you won’t care. This is a great community but we have to stay in the shadows bc there is nothing more dangerous to the way civilisation works than a bunch of recovered addicts with freedom of speech.
Oh what a world we would make. Far too much peace and kindness surely it just wouldn’t do.

3 Likes

Thank you Sarah, your words mean a lot! As I said above to Lisa, the lovely Schäferhund is another icon I look out for! :heart: I agree with everything you say, love the work the mods do, and it’s needed aswell, I feel, to keep this place what it is. i have also come to rely on this site quite a bit. Haven’t often called out for help necessarily as I’m so private and often feel my stuff is silly to talk about, but who knows, i might still come to do it. Thank you

1 Like

Do you ever try to spread your peace and kindness outside of TS? I don’t know that that is what I was trying to do, but might just see where that would lead… Maybe you’re on to something there…

1 Like

None recovery based, one about food, two about fashion (Lilly Pulitzer and closet cleaning tips) two Elf on a Shelf and one about Christmas. I just got through them all until I found the ones with good moderators that had zero tolerance for mean people. But occasionally some things slips through anyway :blush:

1 Like

Every morning I read this without fail and I’m not perfect but I try…

We are selfish by nature, its a great feeling trying not to be but you have to be careful not to stoke your own ego that’s why you don’t tell people what you do. The best ones are when even the person you tried to help never even knows. Kindness for the sake of kindness. simple.

4 Likes

Thanks for the input! I literally don’t know they had moderated groups on FB. My account has been inactive for x years. Cheers!

1 Like

They do, how they are moderatet is another thing thought. But some groups have strict rules and great moderators. But personally I also stay away from debating. It’s bad enough debating with people in real life. Internet is always a lot worse.

1 Like

This is so cool. Did you write this? Inspiring. I will see if I can write a mantra for myself like this too. Thank you for sharing! :pray:

It’s from the big book, AA is a way of life not a religion.

3 Likes

Hahaha. Well take it as a compliment I thought it was from you! I thought it was modified from but based on the big book. The bits about not showing hurt threw me off. It’s a great text. I haven’t read the entire BB but agree with lots of AA ideas.

2 Likes

You nailed it. Btw, YA is young adult. Think virtual mean girls. Ironically, the romance writing world is just as bad, if not worse.

2 Likes

And if and when you do, we will be here for you. Safely and without judgment :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like