How to start fixing the chaos and pain that we've brought to our families. ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME PLEASE

Best news ever, Holly! I’m so happy for you and your family. Sobriety is the gift that keeps giving.

1 Like

I’m so happy. I got a shower and out of no where I got this brightness and my heart telling me to hit my knees and thank God I just felt this overwhelming feeling to kneel so that’s what I did. I have never knelt down to pray and it was the most powerful thing I’ve ever experienced

5 Likes

Wow that’s amazing! It’s really a gift. Your heart is made to grow & once you clear out the junk it starts seeing the sunlight & growing to it.

Keep it up Hollz, one day at a time :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you @Matt

1 Like

I sat down early this morning and wrote letters to all three of my kids. I wanted to tell them things I’ve learned and what I want to do to keep becoming stronger and more open minded. It felt nice to write them and be sober and be thinking clearly. I woke up feeling so blessed this morning

7 Likes

That’s lovely! It’s a treasure to have those for yourself. Getting the thoughts and feelings on the page is healing :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you @Matt . I really appreciate all the support you give. It’s always uplifting! :blush::blush:

1 Like

Today I’m having a late lunch with my son. I feel so blessed. I’m a little anxious but I’ll be fine :slightly_smiling_face: I can’t wait to spend some time with him

2 Likes

That’s lovely! What will you be having? Are you going out somewhere?

1 Like

We are going to a small Mexican restaurant. He’s loved going there since he was little :yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

That sounds lovely! Mexican is delicious :yum:

1 Like

I’m working on my amends letter to my kids and everyone I’ve hurt when my life was a hot mess due to my addiction. Those are hard to do cause there’s so much that needs to be said and it’s so emotional but feels good to let all those feeling out. Good job by the way

3 Likes

How was the meal?

@Matt it was amazing. The food and my son’s company. I’m so blessed to have gotten another chance to have a relationship with my baby’s

4 Likes

Glad to hear it Holly. One day at a time :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you @Matt , and I’m going one day at a time. I’m not looking back and I’m not looking forward I’m just loving in the now. It’s a beautiful thing

2 Likes

Hey Holly,
There’s a pretty simple formula we learned about this.
Actions over time = trust.

ODAAT.
Slow and steady.
It will happen.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you @Dazercat :yellow_heart::yellow_heart: I’m not going anywhere so I’ll get there when I’m ready :slightly_smiling_face::pray:

1 Like

So with getting hurt at work yesterday all three of my kids signed a card for me and my son got me flowers and daughters got me flowers. The pain is making me miserable but I have to say Everytime I look at the card or the flowers or close my eyes and smell the flowers it warms my heart. They never would have done that for me if I was still drinking.

8 Likes

Makes me heart sing for you!! I’m so sorry you are in pain. Will pray for you.

1 Like