Husband doesn't take me seriously

Now you can pay my house payment for me :joy::joy::joy:

I got my pills super cheap. Back in my heroin days it was a$150 a day habit

I thought my only issue was not being able to control how much I drink ONCE I started drinking but I was WRONG. My body craves it even though I’m sober. I was right and my husband was wrong. I am an addict. Today’s craving is definitely worse than yesterday’s. Ughhhh gotta keep myself busy with something!!! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

I completely understand where you are, I have gotten to that full alcoholic state drinking everyday. My boyfriend I mentioned in my post is a drinker too, in my opinion he has a problem but he disagrees.

I reached out to this group and my uncle a recovering alcoholic to talk to him about he got sober. I want to try meetings and a sponsor.

1 Like

Don’t give in. You have little ones looking up at you. Show them how strong you are. My counselor in rehab always asked me, is this your life or is it drugs life? Pick one and stick with it. You can do it girl look at all the people who are behind you. You got a army behind you! You can get this. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Mamaisstrong I totally can relate. I was trying to get my cousin to understand my problem on my recent visit to Mexico. She said She had two bad experiences and from then on decided to listen to her limits. I told her that’s not the case for me. Once I’m buzzed it’s like a chase to not let the buzz go away and boom I’m drunk and ready to party. So I got drunk to show her lol. Trying to explain my problem to another friend was similar. He said I don’t think you getting drunk every once in awhile is a problem. You’re letting loose. Well, it is a problem if YOU identify it as one. And it seems like you do. I know I have a problem. That was my first step, admitting it. From that point on it doesn’t really matter if others agree. However, it may be difficult for you to quit with your husband who also drinks. There are many things you can do to try to have him “understand”. But alcoholism isn’t the person on the corner with a brown paper bag covering booze. It’s anyone, and we are everywhere. Helping him see that alcohol leaves you feeling psychologically bruised and physically drained that it is affecting your ability to parent may be a good step. I hope today is treating you well and I am here if you need anyone to talk to.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the support. This community is truly amazing. Day 4 today, I was extremely tired all day. I had pretty bad anxiety last night, toss and turned for close to 3 hours and didn’t sleep very well. So, I slept in this morning since today’s my husband’s off day. We went to the pool with the kids had a blast. Old me would’ve brought some beer or wine with me but that’s not me anymore. Then we went to a mexican restaurant. My husband ordered a strawberry margarita as usual and I ordered a virgin one. It feels so good to be ME all the time, not the drunk me. Everything is clear :smiley::smiley:

6 Likes

Good for you @Mamaisstrong, hope today is a good day.

1 Like

Any chance he would go to see a family counselor with you? Maybe if you express yourself to the counselor in a way that they totally understand your addiction if he hears it from a professional who is objective he might start taking it seriously. It’s it’s just a thought and I’ll continue to hope for you and pray for you

1 Like

Atta girl. Be proud of what you’re doing. You’re kicking ass!!

1 Like

Day 6! I don’t have as much cravings but my mind started to playing tricks. I’m going on a vacation in 2 weeks and my mind is telling me “drinking only on vacations might be fine, you deserve it”. NOPE NOPE. Go away old me :frowning:️

4 Likes

Yesterday was my day 8. I went out to eat dinner at my friend’s newly opened restaraunt and all of my drinking friends were there. My friend, the owner offered me a free drink and was in shock after I told her I quit drinking :laughing:. I stayed there for good 4hrs, surrounded by friends that I used to drink with and I still stayed sober :call_me_hand:. Cold beer looked sooo good and I was so tempted but I somehow managed not to drink. It definitely felt good to wake up this morning without a hangover :blush:

7 Likes

Great job mama!!

1 Like

Today is the day 30! Still going strong. Didn’t drink while on vacation, and now my husband takes me seriously for sure!!! :blush:

10 Likes

Nice pal!! What a Huge accomplishment!

1 Like

Well done Mama!!!

1 Like

Kick ass on your 30 days. That went fast

1 Like

Yesterday was day 60! :smiley::smiley::v:t2:

5 Likes

60 is a good hunk of sober time. When I started that seemed like an eternity. You should be very proud @Mamaisstrong.

1 Like

Where have you been?!?! :joy::joy::joy: Good job female You made me proud :joy::joy:

1 Like