Husband doesn't take me seriously

Congrats! Im in a similar situation and its so hard when the people you love are telling you everything is fine even when you know its not. Good for you!

2 Likes

It was so hard the first month but after that, the time went by so fast! Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Been busy being sober you know? :laughing::laughing:. How is it going for you?

2 Likes

My dad still brings out a wine glass for me when we have dinner at his house. I always have to remind him that I’m “still” not drinking :roll_eyes::laughing:

2 Likes

THIS IS SERIOUSLY MY LIFE. My husband doesn’t take me seriously because he can control his drinking. Granted, he has a beer or two every single day but he doesn’t get drunk as often as I do. And the next day I am in the restroom all day long. It’s terrible. The next day I get terrible anxiety, both from the withdrawals and also because it scares me that I can’t stop. Once I get the buzz too, I feel more social, happy, relaxed and I don’t want it to go away so I start drinking fast too. And then it backfires on me. To top it off, I get super emotional when drunk.

1 Like

I hear you! Family reactions are very interesting. When I told my dad I was quitting he pretty much went on an hour long rant about how I dont have a problem and then proceded to rationalize his own choices around drinking. It was a little surreal.

65 days and going strong

2 Likes

Good for you. Stay strong. Thank God for Taco Bell.