I am 1 Year Sober Today!

Team!
As of today I am 1 year sober! 1 year ago today I entered rehab. 21 days…
Terrified, almost backed out several times (would have on the spot if my wife wasn’t with me)…but I did it. Best thing I ever did and it honestly saved my life.

You can do it - “day by day” as they say…just wake up every morning and tell yourself, or pray as I did, “Just let me get through today”…every night do the reverse “Thank you for getting me through today!”…next thing you know it, its 10 days…then 30…then 45…and now a year.

Its a f’d up disease, but its possible to overcome it. If you’re an alcoholic like me, you always will be, but you can get control over it.

fyi: If you are ever thinking rehab, or are about to, or even just curious about what its really like - I kept a daily journal and turned it into a book. “The Med Line” by John B… you can search on Amazon. Its all true, no filtering.

56 Likes

Congratulations on your one year!!

5 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

Great work on your year! Thanks for being here and part of my recovery, John.

4 Likes

Congratulations on one year! It is so great to be free. :blush:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your year!!!

3 Likes

Congrats!!! Well done! :tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Way to go on your 1 year of sobriety

4 Likes

Thanks for this! Amazing stuff :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s beautiful on this other side, isn’t it! :heart: I’m so incredibly glad you made it out, congratulations!! :heart:

6 Likes

Congrats on a year sober!

4 Likes

Amazing :clap: well done im so happy for you :heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations on 1 year of sobriety :slightly_smiling_face:. Keep on living that better life

4 Likes

Congratulations! You are an inspiration!

2 Likes

Congratulations John! :confetti_ball:
giphy-1
Time to treat yourself with something good! :yum:

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks Alisa !

1 Like

Thanks Sarah !

Thanks Smitty!