I am new here :)

I don’t really know what to say. I am new here. The reason why I’m here is because I believe I have a problem with alcohol. I want to stop but the problem is I just don’t know how. I am almost 31 married (no kids)…
I’m here just to say hello and to find something (I don’t know what but just anything)…

13 Likes

Thank you. I had to edit my first post cause I just felt uncomfortable on how much I put myself out there. I am an extremely private person. I just don’t know how to go about any of this.

1 Like

Welcome! If I had a recommendation I would say pick up the newest version of The Big blue Book of: Alcoholics Anonymous and read. The first portion of it is written way back & a bit hard to decipher sometimes. Then, it gets very right to the point. At the end of page 164, and if you honestly take a look at yourself you will know whether you have a problem with booze or not. It’s a great starting point. Again, welcome and so glad you’re here.

3 Likes

I had the same realization 27 days ago! This is a great place to begin. I really enjoy the recovery elevator podcast as well.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will look into that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome Ci-Ma
Glad you found us.
Great bunch of people here that you can learn and get support from. Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable. Most of us don’t bite :rofl:

Here’s a couple of threads to get you started if you like.
Here are two good threads to start:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome @Ci-Ma! You do not worry about being a privat person on here, this place is fabulous and we have a lot of long time participants who give great advice and have a lot of sober time - and you don’t even know their “real” name! :slight_smile: Have a good read around. I’m certain you’ll find something that’ll help you in your situation. Hope to see you around! :wave:

1 Like

My biggest piece of advice is to have an open mind. Read, read, read on here… oh and the Shair podcast is amazing too. Welcome. I’m glad you’re here

3 Likes

Welcome @Ci-Ma!! Share what you feel comfortable with. You’re in a judgement free zone.
I’m looking forward to taking this journey with you.

4 Likes

Hi Ci-Ma and welcome to our community! No need to be shy ~ we don’t know who you are. : ) Just cruise around the place and familiarize yourself. I practically lived here 8 hours a day when I finally succeeded in quitting alcohol. Check out those great links that Dazercat posted. Also, do you have a Kindle? Here’s a terrific link for you listing great books. Useful books about recovery My favorite book, the one that actually pushed me into serious quitting, was Allen Carr’s ‘Quit Drinking Without Willpower.’ It’s a cheesy title but it’s a great book. There is no doubt that alcohol is an addicting substance. It’s actually a simple substance. The more you drink, the more your brain and body wants it. Best wishes to you!

2 Likes